Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

Can FSX Roads Be Removed

As a devoted user of Tile Proxy and its 30cm resolution i am a happy camper, to be able to see what is actually there makes every trip in sim like a brief vacation , ground details , parked cars, even the lines on the soccer fields or tractors working the fields are visible , the only fly in the ointment is the FSX road system dosn't line up with the real ones and is out of scale in some cases.The road network as rendered with TP looks perfect where it is on its own and so the question , can one "turn off" the roads generated by the Sim ?, i see no entry in the .cfg for this and its never been mentioned in any post i have read , about the only thing i can think of is making the road textures tranparent.

Oops! Wrong forum, sorry.Sure, Chuck, it can be done. To remove roads only in the area of that scenery, please see:Terrain Design for Flight Simulator Xhttp://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=100997Please note that SBuilderX has changed in some ways since then, (notably, it now has its own tile server), but the techniques described for removing terrain are basically the same.To remove all roads everywhere in the world, simply comment out the road entries in the terrain.cfg file. More details available in the Scenery Design forum.Best regards.Luis

Thank You , i admit to never having dropped by that section and its an oversight i will rectify immediately after reading through the .zipThanks again Luis, C.J Very nicely prepared HTML btw. , i always end up cooking Scenery directly from the XML and will have to check out this SBuilder of yours .