Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajweber

FSX Landing Gear Animations

Hi,Taking a break from a scenery project I'm working on to gather some info on landing gear. I downloaded GMAX source files of a CH-46, and I need some information on how to get the landing gear suspention to work in FSX. I need to know which parts to tag with what, The files came with the keyframe animations already done, so I just need to tag and export through the FSX SDK. The source files were authored by Rory Kelly.Thanks!AJ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Thanks for the link. Unfortunately it still didn't give me the info I need. I only need to know what part gets which animation tag and or attachment in FSX for the suspention.Here is a shot of what I'm talking about.

Although not required by FSX, I still find it useful to name the parts using the same convention used by FS9. If nothing else, it provides an easier way to "fallback" if I should choose to make an FS9 version later on.The main benefit though is that it serves as a reminder of what tag name to use in the Animation tool!The names of the Animation tags are precisely the same as used in FS9; only the method has changed! For the nose gear for example:c_gearc_wheelc_tire_stillc_tire_blurredNote in the image below that I'm displaying the parts hierarchy, and show the Animation tool open and set to add the c_gear animation tag. Note that the keyframe entries are set for 0 and 100 for this part.For convenience, you CAN select all c_gear parts at once that require only keyframes 0 to 100, and tag 'em all at once. ;)http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/1252/ge...mation01yj7.jpg

Ok, this is just the information I needed. I must be missing something. I've got my gear setup like you said, but still no compresion in FSX. Here are the animation tags and hierarchy.