Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Fuel window revisited

Hello again Folks.I seem to have got myself confused again!! The rocker switch toggles the pop up window ok but the ON bmp does not show. Also the Help ID shows 'Thrust Levers' instead of 'Fuel Stats'. This has got me stumped.I am comparing the xml with code for the Radar popup which works fine. I have also checked the window ID's and there are no conflicts. I have also checked the panel in FS Panel Studio and there are no underlying transparent icons etc for Thrust Levers. I do not know where the Help ID text is coming from.Here is my code :-(L:Fuel,bool)(L:Fuel,bool) ! (>L:Fuel,bool) 90 (>K:PANEL_ID_TOGGLE)Do the OFF and ON switch bmps need to be renamed for every switch or is it possible to share the same bmps between different switches. At present I have made copies and renamed them as per the relevant popup window, ie. Radar on/off Fuel on/off even though it is the same bmp.All help appreciated.Regards...Kenny

Hi. I am no expert at all but I do not see "Fuel Stats" in the FSX SDK for Help ID's. You could name it through a Tooltip. Regards, Bob.

Hello again Bob.Right, I did not comprehend that the help IDs were limited to the SDK ones. I will use a tooltip instead. Re. the bmp not showing, I had moved the switch with Panel Studio and must have inadvertently resized it during the move. I removed the size part of the xml and it shows now. Another lesson learned.Cheers...Kenny

Hi Kenny. I tried using one that was not in the list and it did not work. When I switched to one in the list it worked. Best regards, Bob.