Sign in to follow this  

New GMAX Challenger 604 and Gulfstream V

I've been admiring the many aircraft that are available for FS2002, and everyday the list here and at other sites seems to grow. Although I really enjoy many of the available aircraft, there seems to be a lack of small business jets. It's either small to large props or small to large commercial jets, very rarely does someone make a business jet available!I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Dreamfleet's, Posky's and Simubuild's A340. But I've seen the new Lear from FFG and it looks awesome. Perhaps this could be a trend, as the default Lear in FS2002 is nothing to write home about in comparison with the Baron or Caravan. Please all you talented people at Dreamfleet, FFG, Posky and Simubuild and elsewhere. Please please please produce a Challenger 604 or a Gulfstream V. I adore these two aircraft and it would make FS2002 just that more complete.Please add your thoughts to this post, as I'm interested to hear on fellow simmer thoughts on the above. Perhaps we can enthuse the building of some new business jet aircraft!Alex

Yes I agree that the bizjet niche is overlooked, almost like the ##### child of virtual aviation. While there are bizjets around none even come close to the quality of some of the airliners we can find. It is a bit of a let down to see so many talented designers out there putting out very high quality jets, yet no one will touch the bizjets. You can go to any file library and plug in 727, 737 or 747 and return hundreds upon hundreds of the same type of jet. But put in Lear or Gulfstream and you only find a small handful of jets designed for FS98, upgraded to FS2000

We need a good GIV or GV, Global Express, and or Citation 500/II/II or the fun little Citation Jet. No question...who's gonna step up to do this?Hornit

Guest Scott Campbell

At the Flight Deck (link below)There's also a new GV in the works.

Guest jcuellar

Also we are working very hard my team and I with a very realistic flight model for the following aircraft:Citation 500Citation 550Citation SIICitation BravoAll of this will be created y GMAX with VC in the same package.RegardsJaime Cuellar

> We need a good GIV or GV, Global Express, and or Citation >500/II/II or the fun little Citation Jet. No >question...who's gonna step up to do this? >>Hornit Personally I find the Global Express too big! It's in a different league and too similar to the Bombardier CRJ-Series.The Challenger 604 would be just amazing, it's perfectly capable to fly London-Chicago, Munich-New York, Singapore-Sydney, Tokyo-Honolulu or Cape Town-Rio. Of course the Cape Town-Sydney range of the Gulfstream V-SP is also amazing, I just really like the 604!Please Posky and FFG, how about it?Alex

>But put in Lear or Gulfstream and you only find >a small handful of jets designed for FS98, upgraded to >FS2000

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hello ALex.Indeed, the Global Express is huge. I had the opportuity to see one in Sao Paulo's Congonhas airport. It was parked side by side with one of TAM's Fokker 100, and it was the same length, as well as height, give or take some inches. Keep in mind you can fit 100 passengers in the F-100...But it still is an awesome looking plane, and I'd love to have one for FS.

Here's some reference of a Challenger 604:

>Back a year or so ago and gent named Kerry Gipe was making a >G-V in FSDS which I had the opportunity to help beta test, >but I guess he just dropped the project or lost interest in >it. >>From personal experience I can tell you the jet was superb >and I truly wish he had finished it. >Hey JP, thanks! :)Yea, I have been laying very low here lately. You are correct that the GV was about 95% complete, when I began getting some very nasty e-mails from certain folks who shall remain nameless, that really ticked me off. It was at the same peroiod where many freeware designers were getting similar stuff, and a number of us decided that if this was what the FS community had come to, it wasn't worth it anymore. Very sad. I am slowly getting back into FS, but nowhere close to where I was before. I was thinking of dusting off the GV source files and finishing the project, but now with G-MAX on the scene, I believe that if I do something it will be with G-MAX, not FSDS. With that said, ...If any QUALITY designers are out there who would be intrested in picking up the project and completing the remaining work...I might be willing to part with the source files. Intrested parties can contact me at kgipe@carolina.rr.com .Good to see ya here JP. I had lost your e-mail address a while ago, and was wondering how you had been doing.KerryPS I guess I could post a screen shot of the plane as it stands over at the screen shot forum...gv.jpg