Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

My FULL support for Arno

Hello All,I just read a post by someone who claimed that he was treated unfairly by members of NL2000 team.I really do NOT know why this guy posted this without showing any proof of his accusations, so I will not take any of it as serious as he wish everyone did.I just wanted to let everyone know that Arno is the MOST FRIENDLIEST person one can meet! When I created San Juan 2000 for FS2000, Arno was my mentor! I had NEVER created or even tried to create any scenery addons. I asked Arno a few questions and from then on, Arno would bend backwards in order to try and help me and get me to understand how to create scenery! I could go on and on with ways in which Arno has helped me but I do not want to take more of your time now..Arno, if you are reading this, please do not take comments from people who just try to blemish one's reputation as legitimate ones. I for one vouch for you and even though I have never made any contact with other members of the NL2000 team, I bet they are as friendly as yourself. Keep on designing sceneries and doing what you do best, which is helping others without asking for anything in return. Thank You Arno!ps. AVSIM moderators, as soon as this turns into a flaming thread, please close or shutdown the thread. I just had to give credit where credit is due! :-)

Efrain_AAV100 I second your opinoin Arno will bend over backwards to help all With there scenery projects!He is a great asset to all and deeply appreciated too!Rusty Harris

I as well have found Arno to very helpfull he is a big part of thiscommunity so in short thank you Arno! Dan

Guest GerrishGray

Yes, let me add my name to that too! Arno does his best to answer every technical scenery design question that comes up on this forum, if he can. He's a one-man help desk!His answers are clear and factual, always polite, and he never gets himself involved in any sort of dispute, as far as I have ever noticed.I try hard to be as tolerant as that young man, but I have to admit that, although I too try to assist those seeking help when I can, I don't always 'suffer fools gladly' and, however hard I try, sometimes I lose my patience and can be a bit sharp and sarcastic with some of my replies!In fact, it does occur to me that perhaps the original complainant wasn't even getting at Arno in the first place, perhaps he mistook someone else (like me perhaps ?) as a member of the NL2000 team?Anyway, keep up the good work Arno - you are a credit and example to our hobby.Kind RegardsGerrish

Guest manny3

It couldn't be Arno who did that. I think Arno will go out of his way to assist everyone who has a question about scenery design. He even goes as far out as to make a very nice tutorial so everyone can learn from his knowledge.I too am very grateful to Arno for a lot of things. His answers may be short and to the point at times but I think that is only because he is in a hurry to work on something new to discover more important things about scenery design, while trying to ehlp someone who ran into a proble.My hat's off to you, Arno! :)Manny AquinoPFSG-Surabaya

I agree with you guys and once more thks a lot Arno for your support.Michel

Thank you all for those nice words *blush* :)I never really saw that post as an attack on me. I still don't understand his attack on NL2000 either :). But I guess this is just part of the world, you get all kind of people on a forum.So let's return to scenery design on this forum, just like before these "strange" posts :)Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I am in complete agreement on this one. Arno is an excellent resource for all of us. :-) Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"