Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

Couple questions regarding FSSC

How do I go about making the control tower API macro taller (or at least bigger)? The default looks a little too short......I found out how to make curved taxiway lines at 90 degree angles, but how can I make it apply to different angles? Same idea?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi!I do not understand Your question regarding tower completely. If You mean how to change the height of FS200x tower, I must say it is not possible. And If You wish to make Your airport as real as it gets, thaen it is much better to make Your own tower using GMAX, FSDS, EOD or FSNova. But if You wish to change altitude of tower view, then just correct the altitude in tower object.Taxiways can be done in two or three ways. One and obvious is using taxiline property, second is using roads which produces almost identical results a the first choice, and the last(and usually most prefered) is using polylines. Making curves is a little bit tedious job but it can be done with adding as much as possible points in curve. Number of them does not effect FPS but effects visual impression :). So in any curve put so many points to make curve as smooth as You wish. And this way You can make runway at any angle as You wish.Hope this helps. Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Besides making your own tower, you can get it higher by increasing the scale (that means it will get bigger in any direction of course).And about the taxilines:FSSC allow you to use the new Fs2002 taxilines, if you enter a radius there you will get smooth corners. Every two lines will be rounded with that radius at their connection point. So not only if they have a 90 degrees angle, but with any angle.The other options Goran suggested is using narrow roads with a certain texture. That also works fine, but you need to place a lot of points to get a nice round curve. If you want lines with another color then yellow, this is the only option you have.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[a href=http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]http://home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen/banner.jpg[/a]

Hi,sorry I missed in Your first post that You want to have taxiway lines; I have read as You want to make taxiways, so disregard polygon suggestion. Otherwise I do agree with Arno, that You have 2 options for making taxiway centrelines, one with FS2002 taxiway centrelines, which is probably the best solution and the other with narrow roads, which has advantage of using various colors for line. But its layer must be higher than 24 to show it on runways, although they have never appeared on other layer than 12 or 16 on my tests.Regarding first options I must warn You with that radius. It should be small as I and Derek have found out, so best option is radius of 5m. Also, take care not to make very sharp bends because taxiline will turn into taxipolygon :). Radius and distance between two points is also important so You may need to do some testing to find the best solution. I have set radius to 0m because I had some strange problems (I do have sometimes invisible parts of taxiway lines, that's why) but do try and test it.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Well, I've got all the airport's taxiways done with taxiway lines, and have a whole lot of debugging to do to fix the unexpected behavior in many places. But, some patience might get those problems fixed. :) Though I might end up scratching it all and trying again because I probably rushed the taxilines I have too much..... If I get time, I'll try making my own control tower in gmax... (Though I'll probably have to ask a few more Q's here in the process :) )Thanks for the input :)