Sign in to follow this  

BusyObjects 1.0 Released

Hi all.Bernd R. Fix has released BusyObjects 1.0 as freeware for our enjoyment.A new approach to dynamic movement in FS2002, and most probably, FS9, that overcomes some limitations of traditional dynamic scenery.The program creates an API of movement that can be used with our more traditional scenery GUI programs. Text will need to be inserted to define the object into the API code, so this is for SCASM-savy designers. Also, Gmax is required to define the movement for export to the API, although, I believe, the FS2002 gamepack is not required for use.BusyObjects Version 1.0Many thanks to Bernd.Dick

I have been playing with his beta version just last weekend. I haven't got anything to move, YET! I am working my way through the tutorials. Got side-"tracked" with MS Train Simulator!!:-lol

Played with the beta as well (some weeks ago), made some nice stuff with it. Unfortunately I didn't had the time to look at the latest additions, but it is really a good tool for animations (don't be scared by the SCASM editing, the tutorial explains it well :)).And Dick, yes you are right, the exporter is not needed, a GMax script is used.Arno

Member Netherlands 2000 Scenery Team[link:home.wanadoo.nl/arno.gerretsen]Arno's FlightSim World for scenery design hints, tips and other tricks...

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hi!Excellent thing, but I get the following error (I do all as tutorial says):" ... animation scale is 0.010000 scale of animated object... export format... export file... ParameterSet complete. Parsing raw animation data from file 'C:gmaxbocexample.gani' object definition... done. parent definition... done. frame count... done. reading animation data... done. Animation data complete. Post-processing raw animation data: Animation isn't using full range. Adjusting... coord range = [0,0,0] *** WARNING *** Can't collapse invariant table 'z pos' yet! *** WARNING *** Can't collapse invariant table 'pitch' yet! *** WARNING *** Can't collapse invariant table 'bank' yet! Post-processing complete. Generating API macro 'C:gmaxbocexample.API'..."What's wrong?

Hi Bender.>Excellent thing, but I get the following error (I do all as >tutorial says): All the messages you list are no error messages but info and warning messages. All this is quite normal.The only "wrong" message is > coord range = [0,0,0] which states that the area of movement is zero, which is quite unlikely for moving objects.Did the compiler generate a new API file? Does this API file work?Have fun, Bernd.

Hi Bernd,Your program came out just as I was beginning my scenery project. Now that I am almost done, I am hoping to include some dynamic objects in my scenery, but I get the same error as the gent above...coord range = <0,0,0>The API is generated, but it looks like all of the position coordinates are zero. Anyone have any ideas?Thanks!Matt PerryKORFBuilder

Ahh... I love replying to my own messages just a few hours later! :-hah I worked on getting my catering truck to move for hours with no results. Just as I was about to give up, I gave it one more try, but tried to keep it as simple as possible. I knew in the tutorial it said to make the path with a placeholder, but I figured that using the full on object would be just as good. Boy was I wrong. After many hours of frustration, I've found that you really do need to just use a simple box! Of course, I couldn't just rest after getting it to move... I needed lights! I've never used fsregen for light_nav and windsocks before, but I'm getting some weird results for landing lights on a moving library object. The light seems to be shinning in the Y direction instead of Z. But that's another topic for another forum thread... Thats all for now... I better run to bed before my scenery sucks me in again!:-outtaMatt PerryKORF Builder

Guest JoeW

This is a great addon except for the fact that there are a lot of people that don't have GMax or that Gmax won't install on their machine. GMax will not install on my computer. Yep been to the site, done all that they wanted me to do except " reforemat my c: drive and blow all partitions". For a freeware program, this is absurd. Reading the posts at the site.... I'm not the only one that is having problems installing it.My 2 centsJoe W.