Sign in to follow this  
Guest fumey

Ground2K error - "Anormal Lat decoupe LOD13_8"

Hi there,I've been using Ground2K to add some river/lakes/streams to my scenery. Everything was going fine, and I was very pleased with the results, until I received this error message. I am not sure what caused it, but the effect on my scenery is obvious, as some of the lakes and rivers don't look right anymore.Ground2K creates "_9" and a "_3" files, which I believe relates to a VTP2 river and a LWM files acccording to the docs. I am creating an exclude BGL, which seems to compile correctly, since it is already created before the error message pops up. I probably don't know enough about BGLC to tear apart the code, and I don't want to bother anyone to do it for me, but I am wodering what would cause this error message to pop up. If I hae to, I will start over, since it was only about an hours worth of work, but I'd rather learn how to avoid this sort of mistake. Any ideas?- Martinhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25845.jpghttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25846.jpg

...but wait, there's more.I read in the docs that you shouldn't have excludes in the same directory as VTP2 lines, since they could get excluded. Ok, so I removed the exclude to show that there was still a problem. It is true that the exclude was hiding the shoreline, but it still doesn't explain the problems with the river "overflowing its banks", which must be due to the problem I mentioned in the post above.Please understand, that the river looked fine before this error popped up - I did nothing to change the river, I only added more lakes and streams.here's another pic to show that I have my shorelines back, but I still have the problem with the river. Man, I really hope I can fix this - it's really going to be a nice finishing touch to my scenery (Chiang Mai VTCC).- Martinhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/25844.jpg

Hello Martin.Two different things: - the error message about an abnormal decoupe probably means that you have exceeded the boundaries of your scenery. Please take a close look at the edges of your background image and check that none of your lines or polygons go over the limit. - your excess water could be a number of things. I assume that you have not drawn a polygon there and left it with the default properties (LWM - water) or that you have not drawn two water mask polygons close together with a small separation between them. Otherwise, perhaps you are seeing water that was there from the default scenery. If this is the case, then you must cover it either by drawing a land mask (LWM - land) over it or filling the Area with land through the Area Properties icon.If you are not able to find a solution, perhaps you could show a screenshot of the default scenery, your Ground2K work space and polygons, and what displays in Flight Simulator. This would help in the diagnosis.Best regards.Luis

Hi Martin.The exclude file may be in the same directory... but it needs to be named so that it is executed first. I name my excludes as "aaEx_example.bgl", so that alphanumerically it is the first to be accessed by the sim within that scenery folder.=======================I've also gotten that scenery error, and I'm unsure how to handle it. Apparently G2k is warning you there has been an abnormal slicing of the polygon (?)Hopefully, Christian Fumey will read this post, and explain it better.Meanwhile, you could e-mail Christian and send him the .LWM file, with a short explaination of the problem. He has been very good about responding, but he does have a busy schedule.======================I've learned to save my work methodically. Contrary to the docs, what I do is to make a BGL about every 15 minutes or so. If the BGL compiles correctly, and the files are the proper number sub-extensions, then I go ahead and save a new .LWM file. If the BGL fails, or an unexpectedly numbered BGL is produced, I look at the new work I've added and try to adjust for the problem... in the worst scenario, I'll loose 15 minutes work.Dck

Once again, the AVSIM forum has saved be me!The problem with the scenery was that some of my water polygons were too close together. I got rid of a couple of the smaller lakes that I had made that were built closely together and this solved the problem. I guess it makes sence, since at that LOD certain points may have actually been trying to occupy the same point, which would cause a problem.Anyway, it's fixed. I'm happy. Thanks!- Martin

Guest fumey

HelloThis message is an internal message for a special case that theorically must never happen ! If you encouter such a message again, send me your .LWM fileYou have found your own solution : move some points of the new lines, specially in the near of LOD13 borders.Christian