Sign in to follow this  
scott967

AFCAD Problem - Parking changes dont take effect.

Hope this is close to correct forum.I am having problems installing updated AFACD files for third party scenery like GAP4 and Lago Amsterdam or Milan airports. I search for an airport in Afcad - say EHAM find the parking in the EURNSWAD.bgl (or similar) but then when I go to import a new AFCAD file using AFCAD it says ok updating the new EHAM but when I run flight sim 2k2 it has returned to the stock standard FS2K2 parking (ie acft in terminal etc...) and with GAP4 I try to update EHBK and nothing changes I think because GAP uses its own AFD.bgl files in a separate folder. What am I doing wrong AFCAD gurus?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

When you import the new AFCAD data into AFCAD, did you press the save button after it? It should then ask you if you want to overwrite the information already there for the airport. If you don't get this question the new file probably uses another ICAO ID (this sometimes happens with overlay or so).

I think in fs2002, you have to make sure the airport youare importing has the same name as the existing airport,otherwise you will get two airports vice updating the originalone. You can hand edit the airport name in the import (text)file prior to importing it into AFCAD.scott s..