Sign in to follow this  
arno

Slow Flying Aircraft?!?!?! ARRRGGHHH

I am really stumped by this one. I just used FSSC to create a new airport. I picked out a nice spot that I had found while flying around in the bush. I didn't change the terrain or landclass, just added a runway and some macros I downloaded from the avsim library. Now the problem that has come up is that my aircraft only fly about half the speed of what they should at full throttle. I am new to this and don't have a clue where to look.

Ok, I redid the scenery from the start and checked performance at each step. It appears that it is actually AFCAD that is causing my problems. I used it to add two parking spots to my airport, one rampGA and one dockGA. One symptom that I am getting from it is that as soon as my flight has loaded my aircraft shuts down. If I start the aircraft again and open the throttle about a quarter it will keep running but then I won't have 100% power when I attempt flying. That doesn't work very well on the slow flying aircraft because they fall out of the sky if I try to climb at all. Any ideas from those of you who have AFCAD experience? I didn't find anything on it in the AFCAD help file. Thanks.

Wow, Eric, that's a weird problem. I've never, ever heard of AFCAD or scenery in general having any effect on aircraft engine performance. Are you sure it's not a controller calibration issue or some other external factor? If indeed scenery can do this (and I very much doubt it), I'd sure like to hear from one of the old hands around here about it.thanks,

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Yeah, near as I can figure it. I went back and started over with my scenery, checking how it responded in the sim at several intervals. Everything worked fine until I added two parking spots with AFCAD, then it was doing it all over again. For now I am just using it without the AFCAD file. I am going to explore some more but I am taking a break so I don't kick my computer in or something :-newburn

Humm very strange. Just like Bill said I never heard of a scenery having influence on the aircraft. If you find more info about it I would be happy to hear :).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog