Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

How to create CUSTOM landclasses with CUSTOM autogen?

Hi!I am just trying to collect some information about how to create new custom landclasses with custom autogen-objects. Has anyone information about it? I tried to find some information about it on old treads but I'm not sure it this topic has already been discussed here.Are there some threats you suggest for information about it or the same question in other words: Has someone got it to create sutom landclasses with custom autogen objects in FS2004?ThxSasa

Hi Sasa.I'm not sure what you mean by custom. Generally we refer CUSTOM as the process to make photoreal tiles ( and their placement BGL ) with Microsoft's resample program.If, instead you refer to alternate landclass texture bitmaps and autogen to match these, I don't believe there will be much information.Scenery projects usually consist of a project folder with twin sub-folders: "scenery" and "texture".Landclass BGLs normally should be in a different Project structure that has no "texture" sub-folder ( in FS2004, such a landclass will work, but cause a memory leak that will eventually crash the sim ).However, in both FS2002 and FS2004 ( and CFS2 ), you can have a local "texture" folder, IF it includes ALL the textures used in that landclass BGL. For example, if you use EZLandClass and make a landclass BGL that uses 18 different textures, you can place this in a Project folder that has both "scenery" and "texture" subfolders, as long as ALL 18 texture sets used are placed the "texture" subfolder.As long as those texture sets are named correctly ( just like the defaults ), you can have alternate looking textures.I have not experimented much with using alternate autogen for these local texture sets, but it may be possible if All the autogen are placed locally ( perhaps both the alternate, and the unused default.. the entire set for the sim ). It needs some experimentation to check this out.Dick

Hi Sasa.As a follow-up:I have not been able to force the autogen to a local folder. That makes alternate autogen sets not possible in FS2004 by simply placing them in a "local" texture folder... unless MS has some trick of which we are unaware.Localised alternate texture sets still work, but they will use the autogen defined by the texture naming system:Value 119 Normal:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/46312.jpgValue 119 altered in a local texture folder:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/46313.jpgIt's the same landclass BGL in the scenery folder, but it now has a twin texture folder with a different texture set... now named "047b2su1.bmp" thru "047b2su7.bmp" That set is used for Value 119 in Region B.Note the autogen is the same, and is from the default texture folder.Dick