Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Landcalc 2004

Guest Christian DK

Hi,I heard a month ago, that Rhumba was planning a landcalc 2004.Has it been released???Sorry for asking stupid, but i have been away for sometime and i cant find it, then i thought that landcalc2004 could have been posted here in the forum and not in the file libary.Do anyone have a template to create a single VTP2 "photoreal" cell, i have one for fs2002 but since the VTP1 dont work in fs2004, there is no need to use the old one in fs2004.Chris DK

Hi Chris.VTP1 polys don't work in FS2004, but VTP2 polys work just fine.The problem is that VTP2 needs to have the photoreal textures vertically flipped.You can easily use Ground2K4 to draw a VTP2 polys and specify landclass #253 for CUSTOM ( #252 if a full set of seasonal photoreal is available ).Dick

Hi Dick:that looks fantastic - thanks for pulling your utilities together into one great tool!!! It's the week/month of improved utilities - below is a preview of Steve Greenwood's new (mother-of-all) flatten utilities. He's since done a few more changes to the GUI but you get a general idea of the functionality.Cheers, Holger http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/48857.jpg

Hi Holger.Steve's utility looks great! It will really help solve some problems we're having with default lake elevations, and the better meshes made from SRTM data.TerrainCalc should be ready in a week... I need to clean up the code and alter some of the math, but I've got it fully functional now.I'll be using FDSConnection.dll as an IPC to the sim. I would have liked to use FSConnect by Russ Dirks, but I could not get the Delphi code right to use it. :( But, FDSConnection.dll will be included in the package, and is simply added to the Module folder. FDSConnection, FSConnect and FSUIPC can all reside quite well together.Dick

Guest Christian DK

Hi,Woowh, look good Thats just the 2 tools i need.Rhumba, I know you have worked hard and it looks great, but what about one more feature in your program.Is it possible to have each vtp2 points of every corner in each cell.When we do the vtp2 with our own bitmaps, we either have to slew to each corner of the cell, or simply calculate them.hmmm.. i was just thinking.....what about a calculator, then we could type the numbers of the cell(eg. 30-31), then the calculator gave us the 4 cordinates we should use.Just an idea. Chris DK

Hi Chris.You want the VTP points of the LOD13 area to make VTP2 polys for CUSTOM texture placement? I could do that.I usually place my CUSTOM with Ground2K4 as irregular shaped polys, but square polys could be used as well. How about adding the VTP corner points for just the area under the plane?I'll try to remember to add just that.Meanwhile, the VTP points in a cell are numbered 4080-12240 ( so we are told ). That's 8161 points to a cell, which actually is 255 per area ( plus an extra point ).So area 10,10 for example would be:( 10 x 255 ) + 4080 = 6630The nest corner would add 255:6630 + 255 = 6885So clockwise from the NW your points should be:6630, 66306885, 66306885, 68856630, 6885Dick

Guest Christian DK

Hi,Just what i meant, if you could add the points for the cell under my plane.BestChris DK

Hi Chris.TCalc2004 has been uploaded to the AVSIM file library. :)It includes a VTP2CUSTOM example for those interested in laying down whole CUSTOM textures as VTP poly layers.Many thanks for your interest.Dick