Sign in to follow this  
Sasa

Ground2k cuts compilation

Hi,I've got a real problem with the latest version of Ground2k (5.1). I've created the cell of a whole city containing hundreds of roads, railroads etc, to say it short: A lot of VTP2 Lines.The ASM file containing the source code of the VTP2-lines for BGLC was about 300-400KB in size (!). But now, after I re-opened my Ground2k-file of this city, Ground2k "cuts" the complilation after a while and the ASM file is only 6KB big so that most of the VTP2-lines are missing.I've heared about that Ground2k (or VTP2 in general) has problems to handle many VTP2-Objects. The more irritating it is that the compilation worked just an hour ago.It would be really bad if the work of two days is gone, I will be thankfull for every help! Please!Sasa

I don't think the problem is in the VTP, for the NL2000 scenery we have also tested them and we sometimes had a LOD with a source file of 1 MB. This all showed without problems.So I guess it is something with the saving and opening of Ground2k.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks Arno. I've soved the problem but I'm not sure about HOW I did it...I just re-installed Ground2k and everything worked fine.Now I'm just wondering why the the LWM-file (by cell), that includes the whole city of Hamburg is smaller (249KB) than the another cell that only covers some contryside (1.049KB)...But now another problem occurs: Since I have added the complex cell of the city with all its roads etc., FS crashes when I get close to the border between the two cells and returns to the desktop without any error message.Furthermore it seems, that too many VTP2-Lines exclude the default airport polygons and I have to create them again. That's not a big problem but I'm wondering why this happens.Sasa