Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Defarea2 to delete Utility Poles

I used Defarea to delete a line of Utility Poles for the new runway at Orlando International (KMCO). It is interesting to note that I had to use Layer 004 (Rivers) to remove the poles. Of course, it also remove a small stream that was running perpendicular to the line of poles.I also couldn't get Defarea to automatically create the *.bgl. It said BGLC.exe couldn't be found. BGLC.exe was in the folder with Defarea.exe. No matter, I just dragged the *.asm file over BGLC.exe to compile.W. Sieffert

Hello William, Here is the text of Dick's communication on the matter back in July or early August:"Here's what I found for the default layers:Streams and Utility easements are layer 4.Railroad lines are layer 5.Road lines are layer 6.APBs ( airport background polys ) and VTP2 bridges are layer 7.Shorelines are layer 8.So the layering is:shorelines, over apbs, over roads, over rails, over streams and utility paths.I've also seen there is a priority of streams over utlity paths, even though they are the same layer... I think this is due to the fact that utility paths don't actually have a layer, but adjust the landclass groundtile to display the path. Also, the VTP2 bridges are obviously over all lines... but they are objects. I have not tested all bridges but I think it owuld make sense that they were all the same. They probably should have been layer 5 or 6 for rails or roads, but then again, all the lines should have conformed to the SDK layer guidelines!Although the numbering system is more compressed, we can continue to use the older layer designations if we like... just remember to exclude the right layer.Note the stream depressions and the road leveling remain in the mesh after exclusion... another complication for remeshing ( or perhaps another opportunity ).Dick"Best regards.Luis