Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

A little help with grand coulee/roosevelt lake

I've run into a strange problem with this. Since this is really a visual problem, I attached a few screenshots. This is a bit of a long post, forgive me.I thought I had the lake and north Columbia river done, but as the river approached the Canadian border, I started to realize a lot of water features, lakes and other rivers, were missing well into Canada. Almost all water from Lake Chelan at the eastern base of the Cascades in Washington, east to at least Idaho, and north well into canada was gone. There were shorelines for all the water, but no water.I ran and checked my brothers setup, and found he has all the water that I don't????We are both using FSGen 38 meter mesh in the US and 76 meter in Canada. Im using the free FSGen landclass. I'm also using Holgers "patch" for the Canada mesh, but I've ruled that out, unless I didn't install it right the first time.I uninstalled what I thought was all of my addons, and still no water. After backing up a few things, I removed FS9 and re-installed it. Now I have water. Figured I'd reinstall addons one by one and look for the change, but now I can't get rid of the water. Everything should be back to the same as before I uninstalled, but I've apparently missed something. I copied and put back my original fs9.cfg also. The terrain vertex switch is at 21.The pictures are the default Roosevelt lake area, without any of the work I've done. First shot there are shorelines, but no water. The "dry lake" is at an elevation of about 1295 ft. Second shot with water (after the reinstall), the lake is at about 1178 ft. In the first shot, there is a distinct cliff where the dam should be, about a 100 ft drop. See the 2 arrows just east of the default dam. No cliff in the second. Also, after the reinstall, I also have a lot of "cliffs" on the shoreline that didn't exist before. I arrowed one that shows up here. Does anyone know what would have removed all the water in this area? What did I miss?When I finally finish this, I'm sure I'll get emails wanting to know why the Columbia river stops at the Canada border, and why so many lakes are missing. I'd like to have the answer ready. I'm also wondering how many other people have or don't have water behind the dam.Just downloaded Holgers tutorial, talk about timing. The second 2 screenshots are my lake, before, when I thought it was done, and now. I have a lot of water to remove. Gets far worse along the river it's self. Thanks Holger. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77162.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77163.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77164.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/77165.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Turns out it was Holgers British Columbia patch, but MY FAULT.Using Holgers tutorial, I opened up the dam in LWMviewer. It showed the shore, but no water. it showed HL91640 for shorelines, but no HP91640 for water. Holgers patch has you remove the HP91640 and use his replacement. If I disable Holgers British Columbia patch, and don't put back the original file, no water. I must have disabled the patch in my old version and didn't know it.Again.. MY FAULT. Nothing wrong with Holgers British Columbia Patch, if used correctly. Now how do I edit my area without messing up his patch? And where did I put that bottle of aspirin?

Howdy,uh oh, I can see Rhumbaflappy rolling his eyes! The can of worms - several people editing the same default files - has been opened. I think it's time for me to switch hobbies and leave the chaos I created as my legacy to the happy community ;-)Well, my draft tutorial should give you the necessary information for the fixes. Unfortunately, my lake elevation patches distributed with bcmesh9d and 9e are based on the FS2002 files, which don't conform to the LOD5 grid system that FS9 uses. In this case it's probably best to send me an email and we'll figure out the best approach with the least hassle.Cheers, Holger