Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Placing library objects with bglcomp

Guest Larry S

I've been using the bglcomp sdk to place docks and boats from the libraryobjects.xls list. It's working great, no textures or texture folder needed. If I understand the fs2004bglcompsdk.doc correctly, there has to a separate bgl for each object? pg 9... "Note: unlike previous versions of BGL there is only one object allowed per placement. The exception to this is attached objects which are covered elsewhere in this document."At this point I have 8 dock segments and 12 boats = 20 bgl files. I'm looking at 3 docks which will give me about 60 files. Each bgl file is 140 bytes, buts takes up 4 kb of space on the HD. And it looks ugly to have that many files.Is there a way to place (combine) more than one object in a bgl?Larry

What that is saying, is that a SceneryObject element can only have 1 LibraryObject subelement within it. But you can have as many SceneryObject elements as you need in a single XML source file. It probably makes sense to limit the overall geographic extent of a single .bgl but I don't know if there is a performance or compilation hit if you don't limit it.scott s..

Guest Larry S

Looks lime you're right. I finally got it to work. I was having trouble figuering out what info to repeat.This is a single boat....<?xml version="1.0"?>This is two boats...<?xml version="1.0"?>Thanks

NO! You can place as many library objects in one *.bgl file, as you want!The example below is from the Jetways2.zip file uploaded by Shez:<?xml version="1.0"?>I think you are miss reading the intent of the statement. If you look at the element statements above, you will find only one (1) element. If you had attached objects, then the information between the element would be different. You cannot have more than one library object per element.You can have multiple elements per compiled *.bgl file.]W. Sieffert