Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Limit of Custom Buildings in FS2004

Guest dflores989

I have not created any scenery since fs2000. With the latest version of FS is there a limit to the number of custom buildings that can be placed within a 1 km area? I would like to accurately create a particular city area which has several nice buildings using GMax. Does anyone know what the maximum number that can be placed. Most of the buildings would be between 8 and 12 stories. I do not want to use autogen buildings unless there is no other option. Any help would be appreciated.Dave

I think there is no real hard limit. If you place too much and too complex buildings the framerate will be lowered of course, but there is no limit like you can add 100 buildings and not more.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest dflores989

Thanks for the replies. It is greatly appreciated. I will need to do a bit of research to decide which way to proceed.Dave

Hi Dave.Don't take that post too seriously.There may well be a limit, or the sim itself may have limited the amount due to that user's slider settings.There could also be a per/BGL limit... easily solved by splitting the placements into more BGLs.The best way to determine would be by experiment for your area. You could use a single Library object, placed by XML code ( or use SGX, the AirportforWindows FS9 program ). Place a hundred in your 1 km area, and see if the sim likes it!Dick