Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Viewing defualt FS buildings and other ???'s.

Guest squared2

I'm slowly trying to build a Japanese house in gmax, and since it's the first thing I've ever done in GMAX, I kinda bit off more than I can chew.... anyways, in the time being, is there a way I can find a partular bgl file and make a copy of it and place it somewhere else in FS? Pretty much, what I'm saying is, if I found a building that I liked, how do I find out which file it is so I can make a copy of it and place it somewhere else?titanairsig1.jpg

Hello Nicholas,No doubt about it, those curved pagoda roofs are difficult to model (and probably not easy to make in real life either.)If what you want to do is place one of the new autogen buildings, this should be easy enough to do. Is that what you want? Could you please show a screenshot of exactly which building you mean?Best regards.Luis

Guest macareno

Hi !The very first thing you need to do is to download Microsoft's BGL Comp SDK from this website : http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/Inside that module of the Software Development KIT ( SDK ), you will find an Excel sheet which provides you with a list of the Library objects used by Microsoft to create the default sceneries.Read the documentation to learn how to reuse these objects. It is very easy even though it requires a bit of XML coding.Also keep an eye open for the apparition of my name ( Marc Renaud )on the home page of avsim.com cause I will soon post ( don't know when yet cause still lot of work to do ) visual indexes and XML code for the reuse of the "library objects" !It will save a lot of time for scenery designers !Marc Renaud

Howdy,Marc, have you seen Kevin Ryan's "Visual Index for FS2004 Scenery Objects", available at simviation? http://www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities2.htmNot sure if you have the same idea but I've been using Kevin's previews for a while and they are very helpful.For spot-on placement of the objects I'm using Luis Sa's SBuilder utility with a topographic map as a background image.Cheers, Holger