Sign in to follow this  

I have created an airfield grass texture, a couple of autogen areas and a roadway for my CYVR scenery, using the latest version of Ground2K, and all appear to be displaying okay except for below.... When I start up FS9 there are a few particles of gridlines that temporarily bleed through the airfield texture which eventually disappear when you get near them. I am using AFW for the airport and AFCAD for the runways etc. Any ideas what is causing this, where are they coming from? I can find no references to such a problem on the forum.NigelVancouver

Hi Nigel.This has been described as texture tearing. The cause is not really known, or is the solution. I think Holger has worked with this a bit, and he may have found something that helps.Dick

Dick, thx for the reply; a good reply too since Holger is to be one of my beta testers and he may have something to say! I expect to ship out for beta testing in the next few days.Nigel

Howdy,the issue is that the display of the textured VTP2 polygons seems to be less than optimal (avoiding the b** word here) and the underlying textures "bleed through" initially at the LOD13 boundaries. People found out a while back that this can be minimized by placing landclass of the same type (i.e., with the same background bitmaps) underneath. Obviously, this only works if you have large VTP2s and are okay with the poly's landclass showing up outside your poly in some places. For cases where this is not okay I found a rather bizarre work-around. Basically, the idea is to draw the same poly twice; once as LWM water and then as VTP2 (the VTP2 should be layer 0 and can be larger and simpler than the LWM poly). The VTP2 will override the water so no one will drown ;-) The trick then is to make a local waterclass file that covers the polygon area, using a single class, say 7. You can place this waterclass file in your scenery folder without fear of a memory leak because you'll provide the texture (e.g. 007b2wa1.bmp) in your texture subfolder. This texture needs to be a copy of your intended VTP2 polygon texture and that will minimize the bleed-through.Ta-dah! Pretty nutty, huh? ;-)Cheers, Holger