Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Where does a Landclass BGL belong? And does it kill USA Roads?

Sorry for the dumb question - I've downloaded the FS Genesis beta landclass and am running 2k4 now; it automatically installed into 2k2, but does not for 2k4.I assume it works with 2k4, though I don't know for sure!Also, I'm planning on purchasing USA Roads - will a landclass file like this stop USA roads from working?Thanks,Andrew(I know, I know.. no such thing as dumb questions.. just dumb people...)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andrew,Justin suggests placing his landclass file into FS9SceneryBASEScenery. I prefer to install it as a separate add-on scenery (e.g., FS9Addon Scenerylandclass USA FSGscenery; don't (!) add a texture subfolder). Either is fine but the difference is that Justin's approach means the file will always be active whereas I have the option of disabling it for areas where the default looks better.Landclass determines the arrangement of the basic ground texture tiles and their associated autogen. Lakes, rivers, roads, etc. are drawn on top and thus products such as USARoads are not impacted. If anything a more accurate landclass file will help improve USARoads asit places urban and suburban areas missing in the coarse default landclass file.Cheers, Holger

>Hi Andrew,>>Justin suggests placing his landclass file into>FS9SceneryBASEScenery. I prefer to install it as a separate>add-on scenery (e.g., FS9Addon Scenerylandclass USA>FSGscenery; don't (!) add a texture subfolder). Either is>fine but the difference is that Justin's approach means the>file will always be active whereas I have the option of>disabling it for areas where the default looks better.>>Landclass determines the arrangement of the basic ground>texture tiles and their associated autogen. Lakes, rivers,>roads, etc. are drawn on top and thus products such as>USARoads are not impacted. If anything a more accurate>landclass file will help improve USARoads as>it places urban and suburban areas missing in the coarse>default landclass file.>>Cheers, Holger >You can allways rename the bgl to a bak if installed in the FS9sceneryBASEscenery folder. That will disable it should you want to.Joe W.