Sign in to follow this  

Default Fs2k2 a/c revisited -- Grade? A- to B+....

After 6 months with fs2k2, I have to say that I am still impressed with the default FS2k2 a/c, props and jets. I am currently doing a 4000 nm flight with the default 777 and it works very well incl. realistic fuel flow and decent N1. True, the engine simulation is imperfect with all three default jet airliners, and the VS is excessively strong, but with nursing of the N1/TOGA, etc., one can fly very well. I also have good fortune capturing the LOC/GS with almost every flight. In addition, I can do semi autolands very nicely in the 737 and 744. I've downloaded a limited number of other 3rd pty a/c and some of them are also fabulous, like FFG DC-10, HJG 707, the Falcon 50, Piper Cheyenne 400, etc. I don't fly my beloved PSS 744 and 777 a/c in fs2k2 because they need to be patched (I still have fs2k for them, but use it less and less). There's been a ton of posts about "realistic" flight models these past 6 months. But I think every a/c needs to be learned and has its quirks. So for my money, I think fs2k2 as-is represents a very good piece of work indeed and my vote goes to them and their default a/c. All else is (fairly variable) gravy.JS

Agreed. It is dead. There has already been HUGE thread on the very subject. Michael J.

Guest joea

If you enjoy them great more power to you I enjoy my 3rd party planes and "tweaked" defaults. Anyway theses are just all bits of programming and electrons on a screen right?

>After 6 months with fs2k2, I have to say that I am still >impressed with the default FS2k2 a/c, props and jets. I am >currently doing a 4000 nm flight with the default 777 and it >works very well incl. realistic fuel flow and decent N1. >True, the engine simulation is imperfect with all three >default jet airliners, and the VS is excessively strong, but >with nursing of the N1/TOGA, etc., one can fly very well. I >also have good fortune capturing the LOC/GS with almost >every flight. In addition, I can do semi autolands very >nicely in the 737 and 744. >>I've downloaded a limited number of other 3rd pty a/c and >some of them are also fabulous, like FFG DC-10, HJG 707, the >Falcon 50, Piper Cheyenne 400, etc. I don't fly my beloved >PSS 744 and 777 a/c in fs2k2 because they need to be patched >(I still have fs2k for them, but use it less and less). >>There's been a ton of posts about "realistic" flight models >these past 6 months. But I think every a/c needs to be >learned and has its quirks. So for my money, I think fs2k2 >as-is represents a very good piece of work indeed and my >vote goes to them and their default a/c. All else is (fairly >variable) gravy. >>JS MS got it right with thier planes. Just thright number of polygons. Yes the hidetail planes look great but the polycounts are way too high for my system. Plus MS didn't add unneccessary things like luggage in the cargo compartments or engines under the hood. Thats the dumbest thing I've seen on a piper I downloaded.