Sign in to follow this  
mgh

best way to move taxiway signs?

Guest PaulL01

I'm a noob as to the airport programs but from the various docs I've read it would seem that the taxiway signs are not easily moved??? :-(Also I Guess the same can be said as to the position of Aircraft buildings...I don't need to change them but just move them.Thanks for any help.

Unless you decompile the proper default file, search the file for the signs you want to move, move the signs, and recompile the file, then it is easier to exclude the signs with excbuilderv2.zip. You also need to recreate the sign in it new location with creatsign*.zip.If you save the *.xml files for each exclude and new sign, you can cut and paste them into one *.xml file, recompile that file into one *.bgl file.Since decompiling the default scenery files causes errors for recompiling, you could decompile the default file, cut and paste the sign coding to your new file, make the necessary changes to move the signs to their new locations, make the excludes as above, combine the excludes in the new file, then compile to a new file.W. Sieffert

Guest PaulL01

Thanks W.Rolling up sleaves...

The basic XML for a taxiway sign isn't too difficult. The following code adds a single taxiway sign to an airport<?xml version="1.0"?>The fields between define the airportThe fields between define the signTo add more taxiway signs just repeat the latter fields (including ) with the required lat, long, heading, label, size, and justification.See the Scenery SDK for definitions and instructions how to compile it into a .bgl file