Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

A tree in the helipad?

Guest bhaldy

Hello all, I am trying to create a heliport at my local airport. My problem is that there is a tree growing in the middle of my taxiway. I created the heliport using AFCAD 2, is this the best way to create scenery, or should I be using a different program? Any help that I can get would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,Brett

Guest bhaldy

So are the coordinates of the exclude statement the four points around the heliport? I looked at the other thread but the points that are there are all North, no west so I wasnt sure if they were creating a square around something. This is the first scenery that I have created, and exclude statements are something Im not familliar with. Thanks.

No, each exclude line contains the coordinates of two diagonal points of a rectangle:Exclude=N2 45.5,E101 42.0,N2 43.5,E101 44.0,objectsie, N, E, N, E the last field is the type of things you wish to exclude.You can have as many excludes as necessary, but they must all be rectangular.George

Guest bhaldy

So then I can just copy the format that you have, and substitute the coordinates of my heliport? This information go into the scnenery.cfg file then?

Guest fame

Hi Brett:You can simplify the process as well, by utilizing a small program to create the necessary exclude file. Take a look at the following:ExcBuilder - is a small program that helps you to create different types of exclude files. With this tool you can delete default taxiway signs, generic buildings, windsocks and many other objects through user-friendly interface without knowing anything about programming. Since it uses the new XML-based language it's compatible with FS2004 ONLY! I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig),for additional ideas and suggestions.Good luckTom G, Sr.

Download and install excbuilderv2.zip. Orient your aircraft in the slew mode to due North (Spacebar), slew the aircraft to the Northwest corner of the area you want to exclude, press the button, slew the aircraft to the Southeast corner of the area you want to exclude, press the button. Save your files, save the xml, compile the file.You will also need bglcomp and MSXML4 installed.W. Sieffert