Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

Do "real scenery designers" avoid Lago's FSE?

I'm really tempted to buy this thing because there are lots of little generic things I'd like to do, and a few sceneries I'd like to download and use that have utilized FSE.However, it's generally few and far between that it's required, which makes me wonder how many people own it and how many people release scenery that relies upon it.Also, are there any users here that use it often?I have to admit, a big plus for me is the WYSIWYG nature of it - the objects look well-designed, too.One BIG BIG MINUS for me is that a user cannot create FSE-compatible objects.Any thoughts appreciated.Thanks,Andrew

I'd say you summed it all up nicely. If you can afford to buy it, you will likely enjoy it. many people do. I don't use it because my design work is intended to be usable by everyone, and I make my own objects.Bob

There was a lot of interest in this program when it was released last December. As the follow on to FSSE, it promised to do everything that program did and more. You can add sound and simple animations, but the best feature was that we were going to be able to add our own scenery objects to the program. Unfortunately, the software was pushed out a bit early, and this feature has not yet been implemented. I think that once they get this working, you'll see more interest in the program, and lots more scenery being created. - Martin