Sign in to follow this  
catflyer

Beginner's Guide to Scenery Design

>Small exclusion rectangles. Nothing too big, and you need to>be certain that you don't include the airport reference point.> If you need more basic info, there's a number of tutorials>around. Check the "shop talk" forum at our website for>some...>>Best,>sgThank you very Scott for the feedback :) I'll give it a try and see what happens.Will have a look for the tutorials too.Thank you very much once again.Ciao!Kind regardsMark

Guest Ihor

Ah well Bill, that would be me!Thanks for that helpful video.www.geocities.com/ihor.geo

Guest jwall9y

Link to Steve Greenwood's site, www.fs-traveler.com, about mesh does not work (as of Feb 2007).Current site, with multiple resources, can be found at:http://home.earthlink.net/~smgreenwood/welcome.shtmlReally appreciate all dedicated, informative work everyone puts into trying to make scenery stuff understandable.jwall9y

Guest romero1957

I have made an Afcad for a new airport. I have added buildings. How do I include the building files when I upload to avsim? I know where to find the new Afcad2 files to upload, but how do I include the buildings I have added so others can see them when they download it. TY Phil

Guest Trebby

Does this guide also works when trying to design for FSX? Or are there different tools needed?

WOW! no posts since a year ago.Would someone in the know please post here about which of these tools/sections apply to FSX or does not apply to FSX SDK?That would be so helpful.Thanks again.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Aleksej Smirnov

I am very sorry if my question had already been mentioned. Anyway I failed in finding it, for me this forum is a bit hard to navigate %)I am rather disappointed with look of certain default cities in MSFS X. E.g. Moscow lacks the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour, which is hardly smaller than Luzhniki stadium. So the question is HOW CAN I OPEN AND EDIT A DEFAULT *.bgl FILE? Which software should I use?Thx in advance for answers.

Hello Aleksei,In the Avsim library, you should be able to find the following:- BglAnalyze X by Winfried Orthmann;- Bgl2Xml by Jon Masterson, also at his web site www.scruffyduckscenery.co.ukBest regards.Luis

Guest Aleksej Smirnov

Luis, thank you very much. Second one even has GUI, which is really useful.