Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonMac

Ground2k4

Guest DonMac

Hello Luis, I have just read some advice from Ken Salter about cookie problems and have tried his suggestions and so here's hoping that this post will be accepted.

Guest DonMac

Hi Luis, I have managed to produce an island again but I am still not happy about the landclass production. Ground2k4 still gives an error message about resample and tmpLc.inf and stops. It does however produce the filename_3.bgl, 5.bgl etc. I have read and not really understood the TMF docs.I have used resampleV11 in command mode to produce a .tmf file from tmpLC.inf and then used tmf2bgl to produce my LC_035_016.bglThe size of LC_035_016 is 66kb and this seems unduly big? This prompted my question the other day Where does Ground2k4 get its info for producing LC's? After all my 'scratching around' at least I can now see something for my efforts even though the processes leave something to be desired. I will persist because I do not like doing anything without having a good idea of how it works!

Good to have you back, Don.If you are having problems with land class generation in Ground2K4, perhaps you could try an alternative instead.EZ-Landclass (requires Microsoft Excel) by Russel Dirks and Landclass Assistant by John Cillis are both in the library and extremely easy to use. Simply slew to the location with Flight Simulator and choose the land class value that you desire.Ground2K4 creates its land class files from a RAW format image. It is 257 x 257 pixels in dimension and the color values for each pixel represent the land class values.Best regards.Luis

Guest DonMac

Hello Luis, I seem to be back on track and am now getting landclass files in Ground2k4. It seemed strange to me that the error kept reporting a problem with resample. The resample supplied with the zip file for Ground2k4 is named 'resampleV11.exe' ! Just recently I copied 'resample.exe' from the MS SDK into the root Ground2k4 folder and now all seems to be well. I've managed to produce an island with coastline and two or three VTP2's laid on top. I've also added a runway and taxiway with AFCAD and all seems to going as it should. It's all very primitive but it's a start. Thank you again for your patience with my persistent questioning and your very lengthy replies. I am now beginning to get some idea of how the scenery is built and functions.I am attaching a jpeg to give you some idea. I've done it in rather a hurry and it's smaller than I intended but, I hope, will give you some idea of how it's going.TTFN !