Sign in to follow this  
Hollister

Texture Library

I have a quick question.I am using GMax to build hangers and other airport buildings which is a lot of fun, I am just learning how to use the program.Is there a library of textures that I can download to use with GMAx or do I have to make my own?Thanks for any replys,Hollister

Hi Hollister,Most designers make their own textures, as they want them to look as close to the real building as possible.But you can also use the textures that already came with FS. Some design programs (like NOVA) have a texture collection, that is often used by designers using that program. You could also use these in GMax of course.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

You'll find all the Microsoft standard textures in scenery...textures as .bmp files. These have mipmaps but can be read with ImageTool and converted to normal bitmaps for editing and saved UNDER ANOTHER NAME IN A FOLDER OUTSIDE FS9 to avoid any risk of changing the default textures.

Thanks for the replies and I will look into the information that has been posted.I am trying to build a rotating beacon on top of a pole to look like the one at the airport I am working on. I can map buildings pretty well now, but a cylinder is not as easy.It is going to be on a pole 35 meters high on a box 2m x 2mx x.5m. I read the information on attaching a beacon to the top of the house in the gamepack documentation. So I thought I would try it on a pole, but mapping the pole may be more difficult than a hanger. I am new to this, so it will become easier as I spend more time in the program. Speaking of time, do the hours pass quickly when I'm working with this program! Unbelievable!!!I am going to go buy a book on GMax in the next couple of days. Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks again.Hollister

I found a tutorial on the Internet on mapping a cylinder and I now have a pole stripped red and white. Now all I have to do is read more on editing my .mxl file to add the beacon on the top!I found the Scale tool.Hollister