Sign in to follow this  
arno

In which BGL-file is my airport placed??

Hi everybody...I hace downloaded and installed Hellas Scenery Teams fine Scenery for Greece. It works fine in FS2004. But I got a problem after purchasing the flightplan-program "FlightSim Commander". When starting this program for the first time you make a database of the airports, NavAids etc etc to be shown on the map. The program reads every file in your FS9/Scenery folder. So when I look on the greek airports in "FlightSim Commander" the most important (those who are modified) shows up twice with a very short distance from each other. What I need in order to fix this problem is to delete the original MSFS bgl files that has been exhanged with the new bgl-files from the Helenic Scenery Team. I guess that the "FlightSim Commander" program reads BOTH the old MSFS files and the new ones. And thats why I get the "double" airports. MY QUESTION NOW IS: How do I know in which BGL-file a certain airport is situated? Do I have to know its position? I will be very glad if somebody could help me with telling me this so I will be able to get rid of the old bgl-files that mess up my fine "FlightSim Commander" map.Best Regards and Thanks!Lars Frederiksen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HI Lars,There is not a certain BGL for each airport. In general a lot of airports are collected in one BGL. So it is very likely that not only Greek, but also Bulgarian or Yugoslavian airports are located in that case BGL file.If you open your airport in AFCAD you can see in which BGL file it is contained under the properties. So you need to open the stock airport in this case.

Hi Arno!As far as I can figure the problem lies in the fact that - after installing your greek scenery - there is two sets of AFCAD-data for each greek airport: 1. The new ones from you (HSP team)---------------------------------------------These files are situated in the subfolders "HSP Greece" and "HSP Greece (no textures)2. The old ones from Microsoft FS9 (so called Stocks) --------------------------------------------------------------These files are situated in the two subfolders "eure" and "asia" and comprise the following files("/eure/")AP953170.BLGAP953180.BLGAP954170.BLGAP954180.BLGAP954190.BLG ("/asia/")AP955180.BLGAP955190.BLGWhen I move the seven old "stock"-files (from Microsoft) away from the FS9-folder and makes "FSC" update the database with airports then it looks as if the problem is solved: when i move around over Greece in the FSC-map all the airports show themself only once. And when I connect FSC to the flightsimulator, then the airplane-icon is situated in the right place on the runway on my FSC-map. I know that installing the Greek Scenery does not affect the visual experience in FS9 (only one of each airports....;-) because what is seen in FS9 depends on the priority settings in the Scenery Library of FS9. But if a user buy som add-on (like FSC) which functionality depends on the the reading of ALL bgl-files in the FS9 main folder, then the problem arises like I wrote.I have a single question about the other "airport" bgl files in the "eure" and #asia" folders, that is the ones named ABxxxxxx.bgl (airport background?) and FLxxxxxx.bgl. (airport flattening?). It does not seem to be neccecary to move these files away from the FS9-folder in order to makes things look right in the FSC-map. Do you agree?Best RegardsLars Frederiksen

Hi Lars,I don't know what FSC reads, but I don't think it will read the AB and FL files as well.From what you describe it looks more like a problem in FSC to me. When it encounters multiple copies of the same airport (so with the same ICAO id) it should not display them all on the map, but only the one with the highest priority in the scenery library.

Hi Arno,Is there a way in which FSC can "find out" which of two (or more)copies of the same airports has the highest priority inside FS9? Maybee an ini-file or something like that?RegardsLars

Hi Lars,Until you posted this thread, I had never heard of that program, so can't really answer this one. In theory it should be able to get that info from the scenery.cfg file.