Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Dallas, TX Reunion Tower not lit up at night?

Guest korereactor

I'm not a scenery designer, but I'm willing to try and accomplish this if it isn't too difficult. As everyone in the Dallas, TX area knows, Reunion Tower is lit up at night. I've noticed in FS 2004 it's not lit at all. It is in there, and can be seen, but no lights on at night. Does anyone know how I could fix this, since it really is part of the Dallas skyline at night, and it's a shame it's not lit up. Any help or steering in the right direction would really be appreciated. All that should be needed is to add lights to the frame so the "ball" is completely lit, sort of like the one that drops at times square(but not to the same extent). See picture below. Thanks!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/106980.jpg

Hi Marcus,I am afraid that is not something that you can do very easily. To add lights to the existing tower you would need to have the source code of it. Without that it is very hard to add the lights (would mean you have to position them all with lat/lon/alt).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hello Marcus,If this is a custom-made object, then there are probably custom-made textures for it. You might try looking in the NAMC (North America Central) folder for the night texture (tx11a_lm.bmp?) and re-paint it so that it looks like the real thing.If you have never done this before, your easiest option is probably to use DXTBmp to open the texture in DXT format, then edit it in an image editing program, and re-convert to DXT format in DXTBmp.Good luck.Best regards.Luis

Guest korereactor

Yes, that's the texture file alright. Thanks. However, it looks to me like the texture provided only applies to the base of the structure, and the actual "ball" portion is textureless, or just a wire frame. I could be wrong, but I just don't see anything in that texture file that would have to do with the "ball" section.

I live in Plano - just a bit North of Dallas - and I too have been frustrated by the Texas Dandelion problem. I was told that it was lit in FS2000 but of course not now.If you find a solution, please let me know! In the meantime, if you will e-mail me at opaflightsimaddict@verizon.net I can send you a small "fix" that will at least put some light inside of the ball - as if the resteraunt was occupied and some light on the stem also.David

Let me try posting this again - for some reason my e-mail address got messed up in the original replyI live in Plano - just a bit North of Dallas - and I too have been frustrated by the "Texas Dandelion" problem. I was told that it was lit in FS2000 but of course not now.If you find a solution, please let me know! In the meantime, if you will e-mail me at opaflightsimaddict @verizon.netI can send you a small "fix" that will put some light in the ball (as if the revolving restaurant was lit) as well as some light on the pedestal. Better than nothing!Note: I had to put a space in this message between the t and the @verizon.net in order to get it to display correctly. It is not there in my actual address.