Sign in to follow this  
rhumbaflappy

Does anybody know how to add sound to a scenery?

Guest Pil

Hi there,I am currently building an airport for FS2004 in Gmax and would like to add some ambient sound to the scenery (WAV.) Does anybody know if this is possible and if yes how it is done?thanx

Well one possibility is to use the FSE program by LAGO. You can add a wide variety of sounds like bells, birds, aircraft flybys and so on.Their website is http://www.lagoonline.com/ if you want to check into it.David

Guest Pil

Thanx David,the only problem then would be that anybody who wants to use my airport also needs FSE.

Guest christian

you can't without add-on software. The effect sounds are hardcoded in a dll so custom sounds aren't possible without an add-on sound library dll.Quite annoying since I'd like to do this also...Cheers, Christian

There is another avenue you might want to try - it does require that the end user has installed a small addon program called "sounds". I believe it is sounds.zip at avsim.com. This will play two different wav files but only when the aircraft's engine is shut off.As provided, it plays a generic "nighttime" wav file of owls and crickets etc and birds in the daytime. I can see no reason that you could not replace the wav files with your own using airport ambience sounds.A work around to be sure but I do not believe there is anyway to directly add sound to your airport project.

Guest Pil

Thanx David,do you remember the exact name of this zip file? I've looked for it on Flightsim.com and on Avsim. Both times they were aircraft sound files.Thanx