Sign in to follow this  
Bill Womack

Which texture does a landing light use?

I'm working on a project with a couple of old-style FS2002 spotlights shining down on the ground using the light_land material in the FS2002 MakeMDL. However, in testing them the cone of light coming from them is squashed in an odd way on the ground. I went back to KRDG that I created using the same method and discovered that the lights there were strange looking on the ground as well, and I know they used to look just fine. So then I got to thinking maybe the texture that the effect used as a mask for lighting was replaced by one of the environment texture packs I've installed, but darned if I can figure out which one it is. Has anyone ever isolated which bitmap(s) are involved here? I'm going a tiny bit nuts trying to figure it out.thanks,

Hi Bill,the aircraft landing lights use spotlight.bmp, in the FS9Texture folder. Static ground lights can also use effects files so their asociated texture(s) would be in FS9Effectstexture.Hope that helps.Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger! That's indeed the problem with my setup too, as the spotlight.bmp that I've got is pencil-thin and odd looking. I just replaced it with a backup from my original texture files, so hopefully that will nix the problem.thanks,Bill