Sign in to follow this  
ibanez737

Photoscenery not showing up

I've been working on some areas of photoscenery for a while now, but it's been rough going because the data is very limited and oddly shaped, and I can only fill 2 or 3 LOD13 areas per bgl file. I made the first 2 bgls and they came out looking just fine, but I've tried to make 3 more and they absolutely will not appear in FS. I've checked and re-checked the inf files for every one; everything seems to be in order, and I've made sure that the bitmaps are in the proper format. I even tried adding them several different ways into FS, through their own scenery folder, through the existing scenery folder for the 2 areas that work, and in the Addon Scenery directory. I am now officially stumped, and I want to know any ideas about how to fix this problem. Is there some limit to the amount of photoscenery you can have in a cell or something? Perhaps someone would like to test out the bgls to see if they appear on their machine? Thanks for any help!-Scott

Hi Scott,In the area where they do not appear, do you just see the default MS terrain?The only thing to cause this that I can think of (at the moment) is that some of your other BGL files might define that specific LOD as having no texture, while your new BGL tries to overwrite this. But that is only a guess.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Hello Scott,It may be that you do not have sufficient coverage for this technique. We have previously found that one must have at least enough image to fill 4 LOD 13 quadrants - any less and this will not work.Perhaps you could try using the VTP method instead.Best regards.Luis

Thanks a lot Arno and Luis! Luis was right; I played around with the coverage a little bit and found that the scenery will not show up unless it covers at least 2 cells north/south and two cells east/west, so I need a coverage of at least 4 cells per BGL. Luckily, despite my limited land coverage, all of my BGLs cover shore areas so I am able to extend the boundaries out into the water another LOD13 cell if I need to, which is what I did, and now it all works! Thanks again, I've been struggling with this for months and almost gave up, but I should have gone to the Avsim forums straght off the bat!Best Regards,-Scott