Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

util.dll error.

We've been working on placing some oil rigs with functioning helipads in the Gulf of Mexico. A persistant problem has been an error when exiting the sim, and an occasional CTD while switching location from an oil platform or flying around them, and the error is always in util.dll (according to window's error reporting service). At first we thought it was related to placing the default library object using scasm, but we've still got it using XML and BGLComp. Then we thought it was related to the default object, but we've recently gotten our hands on a custom GMAX model, and we've still got the errors.It shouldn't be afcads, as we've made them by hand using AFCAD2, and replaced them with custom XML generated ones. The original error also occurred before we had made afcads...I'm curious if anyone might have a clue what might be causing this error.Thanks in advance for any input.Best,sg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Scott,Do these oil rigs have platforms where you can land on? It is a known bug that FS will crash if you are on the type of platforms that you can make with the GMax attachtool script. Once you have flown away and are no longer in range of the platform the bug should be gone.When this ctash exactly happens I don't know, it seems you must have at least a certain amount of platforms (with only one active it does not happen).

That's exactly it, Arno. I just saw a similar post of yours over at scenerydesign.org that I was pointed to by the guys as Hovercontrol.comThese are hardened platforms, though since I'm not the modeller, I'm not sure how the platforms have been added within gMax. Is there another method besides the attachtool script that would avoid this error, or is it something we'll need to live with?The error is restricted to quitting after landing on one of the pads, or while flying near them, which can be avoided by using ESC-end flight or loading another area, as you've said.Thanks for the info!Best,sg