Sign in to follow this  
jonpatch

Orientation of landclass

Is there any way to control the orientation of default landclass texture? I'd like my urban texture to be aligned properly. It's E-W and I want it SW-NE.Jon

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Jon ;-)you would have to create custom textures that are rotated accordingly (and tile properly, which is the hard part) then create custom autogen agn files for those textures and place the set in a separate texture folder with a custom landclass bgl file calling those textures from an associated scenery folder.What I don't remember off-hand is whether it's possible to rotate autogen buildings in the annotator tools or whether they always have an alignment in the cardinal directions.Cheers, Holger

Sheesh, what a shenanigan. No wonder folks like airphoto overlays!The building alignments are no problem, I'm using generic buildings rather than autogen, and I align them to my whim.Jon

And when you try what Holger suggests I am not 100% sure if your landclass texture still fits with the other textures well at the edges. All the landclass textures are now designed so that they fit nicely with other landclass textures. When you start rotating them this might be "destroyed".Another problem is that most landclass textures have a number of variants (up to 7 if I remember correct), so you would also have to figure out which one is used at the location you are interested in.Would it not be easier to just place a VTP polygon with the shape of your city and use a town texture on that? The landclass can then just show the fields (or what else you want to show around your town).

Hi Arno, thanks for the suggestion. Wouldn't the VTPP suffer from the same orientation issue, ie I can't control the texture direction? And would I not also then have problems the the VTPPs I did plan to use, to add parks, beaches, etc.?Jon

Hi Jon,Good point, but on a VTP polygon it is much easier to use your own textures (and you could give the polygon the exact shape of the town, so that no town will show on the wrong places).If you use layers for the VTP polygons you should be able to get your parks, etc also show correct. Just give them a higher layer.