Sign in to follow this  
GHD

AI Disappear On Harden Platform

Guest rudolfliu

Hi All,I'd make a landable GMAX platform for my airport by FS9 attach platform method. I can taxi my self-driven aircraft like Cessna anywhere on this platform without difficulty. My trouble is my AI will not to depart when the scheduled time is coming. It just simplely disappear even not to start-up it's engine.Something wrong on my platform? Or the problem of AfCAD? Or AI flight plans (I already checked my ai flightplans by AITM)? Could anyone give me a hint to solve this problem?Thanks a lot!Rudolf

You need an afcad with at least one parking space, taxiways from the parking space to the runway and a hold-short node on the taxiway within the normal distance of the runway.It is useful to have a tower frequency so that you can hear the ATC instructions to the AI aircraft.Also, ensure that the observing aircraft is not parked on the parking place otherwise the AI aircraft will not show.George

Hi Rudolf,I don't think this has anything to do with your platform. Problems like this are usually caused by a taxiway in AFCAD that is not connected to the runway correctly, or a hold short node that is too far from the runway, etc.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest rudolfliu

Hi George & Aron,THX! It's AfCAD. It was nailed by my friend. Now AI can work normally on this airport. :)THX again!Rudolf

Guest pecrowther

Do the AI aircraft taxi on top of the hardened platform? From the picture, it looks like they do.If so, does the hardened platform have to be flat, or will they taxi up and down uneven platforms?Phil

Hi Phil,As far as I know the AI will not follow your platforms. It will taxi at the altitude defined in the AFCAD file and not see your platform (or bumps you made in the mesh).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest pecrowther

Arno,It was a glimmer of hope!I reactivated my AI traffic file, and you are right - platforms don't make a difference - for either taxi or takeoff.The aircraft will taxi on the terrain. However, on takeoff, the aircraft ignores the terrain and follows the AFCAD file. It still plows straight through any terrain or platforms.Phil

You need to create a flatten at the mesh height and create the afcad at the harden height with narrow runways or texture "UNKNOWN". AI will then taxi correctly.However, there is a fault in FS such that if you either slew or use Go to Airport, the mesh will not be loaded correctly and you will see a "hump" in the mesh. In order to force a correct load, you need to use Options/Settings/ and either check/uncheck "Ground scenery casts shadows", or, change the mesh complexity (up or down) by 1%.George