Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Ground2K4 - Winter Texture Issues - Any Ideas Would be ...

I am having diffulty with the VTP2 textures. I am using 056 Forest and Field which as no autogen but I believe all seasons including winter.I have attached two screen shots showing the difficulty I am having.This area is mid-coast BC and I am wondering if there is some sort of Ocean influence on winter textures showing correctly.I can get spring, summmer and fall showing up with no issue. But winter hard winter I get issues. In the first photo you can see a hard line right through the middle of the texture - snow around airstrip and then now snow at the line. There is no break in the VTP2 poly so I don't know what is causing this.In the second shot, I have the same VTP2 textures thoughout the area modified but snow around the airstrip and then another hard line (for an unknown reason) and the clearcuts on the side hill in the middle of the shot are still in summer texture even though its the same texture as around the airstip.Any thoughts as to why this is happening or solutions, given that I a relatively new at G2K4 work.Bryan "Spiderman" WallisDuncan, BC.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Hi Bryan,the problem you have is related to the seasons.bgl, which determines the local distribution of FS's five seasons in a grid file of monthly temporal resolution. Unfortunately, if a grid boundary crosses a VTP poly you end up with those sharp boundaries if the two grid cells switch seasons in different months (the same just happened for me with a ski area - really annoying).It is possible to develop a local seasons.bgl; Christian Stock describes the process in his TMF manual (tmf_manual.zip, here in the library) but it is pretty involved. Other than that, there's no cure to this problem that I'm aware of. Whenever I encounter a problem like that I just shrink the VTP poly so that it doesn't cross the grid boundary.Here's a post of mine that explains the seasons.bgl file in a bit more detail with a couple of pictures: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?t=36767Cheers, Holger

Boy this just keeps getting "funner" and "funner". Thanks for the explanation.I knew that there were seasons in a switch somewhere, and now that you explain it, there is some sense to having a grid with temporal resolution to deliver the goods. Trust me to pick an area that's "on the line".I will apply the KISS theory to this one, I have enough going on than to try to sort out a local season.cheers Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3