Sign in to follow this  
Guest statto

How do I find which BGL file I need to edit?

Guest glaspere

Hello,I have used AFCAD 2.21 to redesign my local airport (Olympia, WA - KOLM). Now that I have corrected the taxiway locations, the taxiway signs are not aligned and need to be moved. The BGL file I edited (AF2_KOLM.bgl) makes no reference to taxiway signs. How do I sort through the cryptic bgl naming convention to find the file that contains the associated taxiway signs for the airport?FYI I'm using Ultimate Terrain USA scenery and FS Live Traffic if that helps.Thanks,EG

Hi,You do not have to find one of the default files which contains your signs (will be one of the AP* files). It should be enough if you redefined your signs in your addon file (with an exclude to get rid of the origional ones).The problem is that AFCAD does not support taxisigns, you might have to design them in a different tool. I think SceneGenX allows you to place them, but maybe there are also other tools that do.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest statto

AFCAD doesn't affect taxiway signs. You need to set up a BGL file with an exclude for the entire airport and then manually recreate every affected taxi-signs. I used CreateSign to get an XML template, but found it easier to get the lat-long from AFCAD (pointing the cursor where you want/need the sign to be) and then copy-paste the template and edit accordingly.Google 'flight simulator SDK' to get the BGL compiler, it's not too difficult to use.