Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Resize Default Autogen buildings to better scale?

Hi thereResize Default Autogen buildings to better scale?Does anyone know if this is possible and I am meaning the model scale not the texture size.Any helpappreciatedRegardsGreg

Hi Greg,No, not really. Most of the autogen buildings are generated by the scenery engine directly. Only for the ones that are actually library objects this would be possible (but it would require hacking the BGL file, so not really easy as well).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks ArnoThats a real shame its would be difficult as so much of the autogen is overscaledRegardsGreg

Indeed the scale of Autogen is too high/big for driving around on the ground or landing next to a farmers house. However, if it was smaller it would not be visible from altitude. The catch is the small number of pixels used to show Autogen when 3000ft AGL. There would be no defined element if smaller. If you had a higher resolution scenery core program in FS2004 then smaller units may work. I blow hot/cold on Autogen. For me it is very nice when above a normal landscape. However, I am creating a lot of photoreal scenery, using SBuilder, and I have found that the sparkling trees actually detract from the illusion. Houses seem to help to define things better. Shadows are very important for humans to gain a perspective so that FPS robbing attribute helps as well.You may want to try this program for Autogen placement. Much better than the Annotator.http://my.chillstation.de/agent/index.php The program is in the forum files area.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA