Sign in to follow this  
Guest jzax

Textures not Displaying...

A fellow simmer has downloaded and (re)installed my Eaglesoft Hanger Kit to FS9, and has followed the included directions faithfully. Every file installed correctly to the "Eaglesoft Hanger" subfolder under the Addon Scenery folder.He has been successful in placing the .bgl properly, but the hanger itself is solid-gray, and the textures aren't appearing. He has not modified the textures in any way, so I'm at a loss to know what else to suggest.AFIAK, he's the only person to have experienced this, and from what he wrote, it USED to work prior to reinstalling FS9.Anyone have a suggestion? ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hello Bill,Sounds like a typical user error. Perhaps the Texture folder is named Textures, or something of the sort.Hard to say without seeing his installation, isn't it? Good luck troubleshooting.Best regards.Luis

>Hello Bill,>>Sounds like a typical user error. Perhaps the Texture>folder is named Textures, or something of the sort.>>Hard to say without seeing his installation, isn't it? Good>luck troubleshooting.Well, he sent me a screenshot of his Explorer Window, so I was able to confirm that everything is correct......which is expected, since I used a "Clickteam" installer to make darn sure all paths were correct! ;)He just sent a follow up that by copying all textures to the Addon SceneryTexture folder, they now show up in the sim! That should not be... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Check out my ol' pal [a href=http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html]Filemon[/a] and get it to filter on the name of one of the textures that should be loaded, then start the sim.Cheers,JK

>Hi,>>Check out my ol' pal [a>href=http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html]Filemon[/a]>and get it to filter on the name of one of the textures that>should be loaded, then start the sim.Thanks for the pointer, Jim. This will come in handy for some other things I'm doing, but since I don't have the problem my "customer" is having, it probably won't do him much good... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest jzax

I also had a strange problem of non-appearing textures when everything was checked and double-checked to be correctly installed.In this case, it was related to Seev Kahn trees of RW12 Object Placer. Let me try to explain:I had the scenery DTTJ using the file add_seevkahn_trees bgl in ITS scenery folder, but ONLY two of the textures it needs in ITS texture folder, ok? Then I had the same seev-kahn bgl in the scenery LEMD in ITS scenery folder, but OTHER TWO of the textures in ITS texture folder. Due to different trees of the library being used as compared to DTTJ, not all the textures were needed.Both sceneries worked correctly (the textures of the trees showed) used individually (not active at the same time), but when used simultaneously, the tree textures did not show in LEMD.Activating both sceneries and using Filemon as suggested by Jim, I found that for some reason, FS9 reads the first bgl file (in this case the one in DTTJ) and correctly grabs its textures. But when you place your plane in LEMD it still looks for the LEMD textures in DTTJ, that were missing, and NOT IN LEMD. When it does not find a texture, FS9 does try the main texture folder to get it (did not find them either, of course)It does NOT have to do with the file name you give to the trees library, but probably because of having two bgls active with the same guids for the objects!The best way to avoid these conflicts is to place ONLY ONE object-library file in addon scenery/scenery and ALL the textures needed in addon scenery/texture. (rather than duplicating the library in individual scenery files). This problem was driving me crazy, but Filemon solved it! Peculiarities of FS9 I guess.... I hope I explained myself correctlyCheersJoaquin Zafra