Sign in to follow this  
Keith Henry

Oilfield Macro's/Objects

Does anyone know where I may be able to find some Macro's/objects geared toward the Oil industry?There are tons of offshore platforms available, but I can't seem to find a single Land drilling rig, with the exception of some very old looking "derrick" types...Any help is appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Keithre: The oil industryWhat specificly were you looking for ?If it's just onshore -Steve Chase has modelled some onshore rigs in Poland.Available from - http://www.airwegogroup.com Downloads area.If you'd like some new offshore sceneriesthe Offshore Development Group have released a small demo of the USAEZ Gulf of Mexico with 24 landable platforms.ODG will shortly release their UKEZ packagescomprising ~ 450 models including every UKEZ offshore installation.The vast majority of which have landable helipads.http://www.basys.f9.co.uk/odg/screenshots/..._coverage_1.jpgUKEZ Packages CoverageThere's a preview gallery at -Hovercontrol Comm Center

Thanks for the reply!What I'm looking for is ONSHORE, land-based, drilling/service rigs. Oil and Gas.I'll have a look at the polish stuff, thanks a ton for the link! But you wouldn't happen to know if there are any macro's/API's etc that a guy can use for new developements?And I'm well aware of ODG's work. I've spent many an hour flying Jordan's B412 out to your rigs/platforms in the gulf! Keep it up guys!

Hi Keith>Thanks for the reply!>>What I'm looking for is ONSHORE, land-based, drilling/service rigs. Oil and Gas.I may have been overly prompt in selecting "Offshore" for our ODG name.Whilst not our main priority ATM, (AFAIK not many have helipads)we do intend to cover all aspects, and have been trying to encourage development of onshore based facilities, Oil & Gas terminals, onshore fields, etc.We are hoping the upcoming release of the UKEZ packageswill stimulate sufficient interest to take this forward.It's just taken a year longer than expected. LOL.>I'll have a look at the polish stuff, thanks a ton for the link! >But you wouldn't happen to know if there are any>macro's/API's etc that a guy can use for new developements?Was there anywhere you are particularly wishing to develop ?If you are interested in scenery design for onshore,please feel free to join in at the ODG forum.We should hopefully be able to provide some source material.>And I'm well aware of ODG's work. > I've spent many an hour flying Jordan's B412 out to your rigs/platforms in the gulf! >Keep it up guys!Cheers Keith,We'll get there eventually.PSAre you in the UK ?ATBPaulhttp://69.44.154.34/ifolio_files/file_gall..._Sig_500x94.jpg

>Was there anywhere you are particularly wishing to develop ?Yep, Western Alberta, Canada. Right along the Rocky Mountains... Purhaps some NE British Columbia as well...>If you are interested in scenery design for onshore,>please feel free to join in at the ODG forum.>>We should hopefully be able to provide some source material.That would be great! I'd love to look in on you guys.. Ummm... Where is your forum? LOL>PS>Are you in the UK ?Nope. Wembley, Alberta, Canada!