Sign in to follow this  
scott967

LWMViewer2 build 175

Guest jimkeir

Hi all,I've just posted another new build with more fixes (list below). I'm going to be on holiday for a couple of weeks, so this one will have to stand for a while. Do still post here or mail me if you have any comments - I can't fix it if I don't know it's broken :)Many thanks to those who are giving me feedback on their progress with this! That's why it's posted here, after all; it's not finished, but I need help testing it and finishing off the most needed features.There are still some things to look out for. I've not been able to duplicate the problems Luis and Justin are having at all, so if anyone else is seeing these please let me know (crash on startup rebuilding a database table called MODELS and corrupt textures when 'use 1st only' is not selected).Currently the drawing order of layers within LWM and VTP files isn't used properly. I've come up with a way of doing this without killing performance but it'll need to wait for January now, I'm afraid.As before, here's the link:http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/LWMViewer2.zipand these two if you've not got them already:http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/vcredist_x86.exehttp://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/d3dx9_27.dllAnyway, hopefully enough is operational that you can use it for something productive. Have fun.Cheers,Jim

[uL][LI]CHANGE: Objects and airports are positioned correctly if no mesh is displayed[LI]CHANGE: Remove 'Close this file' menu option, was misleading and is duplicated in the Open Files dialog[LI]CHANGE: Consistent order of files in the Open Files dialog - highest priority at the top[LI]FIX: Model viewer now shows newly-created generics correctly when they are reselected[LI]FIX: Memory leak and/or crash on exit when copying newly-created generics[LI]FIX: Restore display of LWM/VTP/class when no mesh is loaded[LI]FIX: Reposition land/waterclass again...[LI]FIX: Error creating class textures which had no mipmaps[LI]NEW: Landclass colours when not using textures are correct for all seasons[LI]FIX: Objects loaded from XML get a default name if none is specified.[LI]FIX: Crash with certain VTP files with 0-length lines[LI]NEW: Can now select or deselect individual objects using 'Ctrl-Click'.[LI]NEW: No longer select an object behind the one you clicked on (ObjectID Z-buffering)[LI]FIX: Potential crash on reading a model name from the DB (mis-bound fields)[LI]FIX: Sloped and Ridged generic building types were being swapped if loaded from BGL[LI]FIX: Potential crash on close if no mesh/models have been loaded[LI]FIX: Don't allow double-click to center on files which have no boundaries[LI]CHANGE: Reduce memory requirements for VTP/LWM polys[LI]FIX: Dragging a selection box picks the right objects even if 'Force FSAA' is set in the Display Control Panel[LI]FIX: VTP polys were not always assigned the correct textures[LI]FIX: Polys are split into LOD sections correctly, reducing memory requirements for large files like UT Canada[LI]NEW: Support VTP polys with photo-textures[LI]FIX: Can now load more than 30000 VTP lines per LOD8 cell[/uL]

Thanks for the very comprehensive tool and the addition of photo textures.Adding landclass has a small problem. Clicking in the center of a texture to change a landclass results in an adjacent texture changing. It seems that the "hot-spot" for a texture/tile is right of center to target the intended tile.Clicking the mouse wheel while in the main window takes you to a 0,0 lat/lon.Merry Christmas,Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Well, there's the first x( One of the changes for this one was repositioning the landclass in the right place. Again. (Long story...) Looks like I missed a bit.Clicking the mousewheel will center on currently selected objects. If nothing's selected it will center on loaded files, which in most cases will include "worldlc.bgl", the center of which is 0,0 :)I'll look at this tonight before I forget but I don't think I'll be able to get any changes posted unless I drop in to work again tomorrow.Cheers,Jim

The problems are minor once you understand their triggers. The wheel click thing is not a large issue if you are careful. If it happens you can return to the area easily.The landclass selection/change is best done using the top right quadrant. Takes a bit more care that is all.None of this stuff justifies going near work just prior to going on holiday. Besides you might become swllowed up in something else and be delayed.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest jimkeir

Hi,Uploaded a copy with the landclass painting fixed, and a couple of other potential crashes and annoyances removed too:# FIX: Don't erase the landclass tile under the cursor after rotating the view with Ctrl+RMB+Drag# FIX: Deal with land/waterclass painting near the edges of LOD8 better# FIX: Crash when placing photo-landclass at the top or right edge of a LOD8 area# FIX: Half-LOD13 offset when placing land/waterclass is now removedIf you find that the MMB-click thing is happening too often, set a bookmark at your work area (Ctrl+number, Shift+number to return to it). Bookmarks get saved automatically with filesets, or can be saved separately.I had to come in to check mail anyway (don't have a net connection at home) - a TV company is interested in buying one of my photos and it doesn't pay to make people wait :)So that's definitely, absolutely, certainly the last change I can do until January because I'm gonna be camping in Mali until then :)Have a good one,Jim

Thanks, Jim! Safe trip and happy holidays!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

>Hi,>>Uploaded a copy with the landclass painting fixed, and a>couple of other potential crashes and annoyances removed too:>># FIX: Crash when placing photo-landclass at the top or right>edge of a LOD8 areaMucho thanks Jim,I take it this is what was causing my crash on SimArt Phoenix photoreal. It was driving me nuts trying to isolate it to one file!In the course of doing this, I notice in ntfilemon that LWMViiewer keeps accessing models.mdb when "idel". Is there some reason for this?scott s..