Sign in to follow this  
Kimchoc

Afcads and bgls

I have a piece of add-on scenery that is listed in Afcad as a bgl. i can pull it up in that and alter parking spots and so forth. It appears in the FS map and in the route planner. My question is this:Can i add AI traffic to this airport? I know the Ttools program but didnt know if it will read a bgl , if "read" is the correct word. No prblem writing the flightplans and operating Ttools, just have been used to seeing an afcad file for the airport that I was arranging AI traffic too. I dont see the airport listed in the Ttools airport list. Would i have to add it there? Any help, thanks.Stella

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Yes. If an airport is not listed in the Airport-map in TTOOLS, you have to add the data (ICAO-code + coords + altitude)in this map.Look also if there is enough parking to receive AI aircraft and if these parkings are large enough for the type of aircraft you will use.Greetz. Jos

Great thanks. So an afcad file does not have to be present for ttools to assign the AI to an airport? Yes, will ensure all parking is correct. I have the airport data from the bgl.

Check out TTools readme file on "collect airports" to see how to ensure all airports in active scenery areas are available in the airports.txt file.scott s..