Sign in to follow this  
RogerPotie

Taxi Ways signs

Hi,I am new here and have (nearly) no experience with desings. I just know how to use AFCAD.I have found in different airports designed with AFCAD by other people that the taxi ways signs are sometimes misplaced.How can I correct this? And where can I find info or ducumentation about this ?

Roger

See my specs in my profile

To fix them you'll have to exclude the old ones and make new ones with something like Sbuilder. You can't just move them to a new location and you can't exclude some of them. It's an all or nothing affair.

Guest Bell206freak

Ether that, or you can exclude the existing ones by creating an exclusion rectangle set aside just for that purpose (be careful, though. Sometimes I have had undesired effects with this).. Just takes a little tinkering...Then, do what I am doing. At Sanderson Field (ICAO KSHN), nearly every 3D feature at is done using gMax, right down to the taxiway signs (Microsoft labelled all of Sanderson's taxiways incorrectly). It takes some learning, but it's worth it in the end.

Thank you guys !I will get slowly involved with sceneries, not to create them but to correct some of them.

Roger

Guest Bell206freak

Heh.. That's where I started.. I wanted to "correct" a few shortcomings by default standards, then next thing ya know, I was creating entire scenery packages!:)

Well, if that happens then it is because I like it.Now I find 50 % of my fun by flying and 50 % by correcting some errors, adding AI aircrafts, installing software (next one will be WideFS), etc...

Roger

Guest bfac

As some others have mentioned using exclude ares works wonders. There is a freeware tool called excBuilder2. www.scenery.org has the file. It allows to you connect directly to FS, and make your exclude areas. It will compile the code for you, and create the .bgl file. Since the taxiway signs are small, you would want to exclude them one at a time, instead of make one large exclude file, doing this would remove scenery objects that you might want to keep.Download the scenery design SDK from www.fsinsider.com, read it, read it and read it somemore, learn how to use Gmax or FSDS, to create your objects. There are freeware tools that allow you to place the objects where you need them, or you can do scenery placement the hardcore way and hand code the coords in the xml file before its compiled.HTH.Dave

I use SceneGenX to exclude and move default taxisigns. With the new build 58 ability to multi-select, it is easy to move all the signs at an intersection. I find that trying to import an AFCAD directly only works about 50% of the time. It seems to be better to use BGLXML180 to disassemble to XML and then import the xml file.note that while you are working on the airport in SGX, you can also move the 3d objects for the Terminals, vehicles, NDBs, VORs and ILS if needed. AFCAD won't do that either. scott s..

Dave & Scot,Great ! Now I am finally (I hope) in the right direction. Whitout such tips it is now obvious to sort out all the info about sceneries. Now I have picked up the trail.Thank you

Roger