Sign in to follow this  
Guest rustybronco

how to removing existing scenery objects in FS 2004?

Guest rustybronco

I'd like to replace buildings in Chicago and other cities useing Abacus Scenery Designer, but don't know how to remove the existing buildings. Putting them on top of them doesn't work. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Guest rustybronco

Sorry i didn't see the sub title for this subject. I have FSSC will this work for FS 2004? And if so how? the help menu doesn't say

Yes, FSSC will still work with Fs2004, although it is not capable of generating scenery according to the latest standards (but ASD isn't capable of that either).To get rid of the default objects, you will have to generate excludes. A tool like FSSC can do that or another option would be to use ExcBuilder.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest rustybronco

Ok, so how do you generate excludes? Is this something anyone can do? I'm new at this and don't know how to to do these things. Oh by the way I'm useing FS Design Studio to make my buildings, sorry for the mis understanding.

As Arno says you will need to use a tool which can generate excludes. Excludes are rectangluar areas and can cover areas as small as one building or as large as a city. They dont actually remove the objects from the scenery files but stop FS displaying them. You can exclude all objects including things like trees and buildings or select specific types of object. Excludes are compiled into a scenery bgl file which you place in the scenery folder you are using for your addon scenery. You need to be careful where you put them. The name of the excludes file should come alphabetically before any other scenery files in your scenery folder otherwise you can exclude the new objects you add as well. EXCBuilder2 is probably the easiest to use if you just want to remove, but if you have FSSC then that should be able to do it also.

Guest rustybronco

Ok, basicaly I need a step by step exsample like "how to exclude the Sears Tower" Most of the stuff you guys talk about I don't understand. If that's the case should I just forget it and just put in the buildings that FS 2004 doesn't have in it? By the way where is EXC Builder2 at? I can't find out where to download it from. Sorry to be a bother, I appreciate the help.