Sign in to follow this  
Guest JuiceRabbit

FSX KML v1.00 Beta released

Guest JuiceRabbit

I have uploaded v1.00 Beta of FSX KML. It can be downloaded via the FSX KML manual page.http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=FSX_KMLPlease remember this is beta software. :)I would be interested in any feedback including bug reports or improvement suggestions. Please use the following forum post to provide that feedback:-http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2979---FSX KML is a freeware scenery design tool for Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX).It converts KML (Keyhole Markup Language) files generated by Google Earth into FSX scenery.Using Google Earth to draw polygons and polylines you can accurately and easily create the following types of "vector" based scenery:- * Water polygons including oceans, rivers, lakes and canals * Islands inside water features * Irregular shaped landclass polygons for cities, parks, beaches, forest, golf courses etc * Airport polygons * Flatten polygons * Shorelines along water polygons * Streams * Roads, including roads with moving traffic * Utility lines (eg power and telephone lines) * Exclusions polygons

Guest JuiceRabbit

Oops! Fixed small error and uploaded v1.01.

Hi Matthew,thank you very much for your initiative! Looking forward to testing your software; I just purchased my $20 subscription to Google Earth Plus.Cheers, Holger

Guest JuiceRabbit

The famous Holger! I surely will appreciate any feedback you may have.:-jumpy

Guest ikelso

Hello,How is the display hierarchy of overlapping polygons decided by FS?Can polygons overlap or should their edges by snapped?In the attached image, for example, if the white sand overlaps the black sand polygon ... how will it appear? If the best way for the two polygons to share the same edge?Thanks,iain

Hi iain.I think the official answer was that overlapping polys are random in display order. In otherwords, they should not overlap, if you wish to control the order.Dick

>Hello,>>How is the display hierarchy of overlapping polygons decided>by FS?>>Can polygons overlap or should their edges by snapped?>>In the attached image, for example, if the white sand overlaps>the black sand polygon ... how will it appear? If the best>way for the two polygons to share the same edge?>>Thanks,>iain>Neighboring polygons should be snapped (share edges).-Doug@ACES