Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

ExcBuilder coordinates

I wish to remove a building from the ramp at KDLN. ExcBuilder will not compile although it will produce an .xml file. I orientated N using the space bar and I used FSC to enter the coordinates. When the routine failed I ran an error check using a DOS routine. It told me my max and min values were wrong. These are the values for the 4 corners of the rectangle I wish to exclude:(going clockwise from approx NW)N45* 15.18W 112* 33.23N45* 15.19W 112* 33.20N45* 15.18W 112* 33.19N45* 15.17W112* 33.22According to this the max latitude is N45* 15.19 (NE) and the min is N45* 15.17 (SW). However, the max longitudes do not coincide with these points! The max longitude value is the first point (NW) and the min value is the third point (SE). Which points should I enter? Thanks,John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello John,I have never been able to get the automatic compilation of ExcBuilder to work, so I just drag the xml file and drop it on BGLComp to make the exclude file. Perhaps you could try that.Best regards.Luis

Thanks, Luis. I did two things:Other posters suggested that sometimes ExcBuilder fails because the exclude area is too small. So I enlarged the rectangle to include other buildings in the vicinity and entered NW and SE points in the boxes. Amazingly, it compiled! A lovely .bgl with space on the ramp for an aeroplane.Next, I deleted the new .bgl and dragged the .xml file over the bglcomp.exe file. It compiled again. I've never had any luck with the dragging method before so I don't know what I did differently this time. So, instead of being unable to compile a scenery this morning I now have two working methods. I wish it was always so easy.