Sign in to follow this  
Guest Catalano

Colour scope of the ocean

Guest Catalano

Hi all,The sea is represented just blue around Spain in the flight simulator (I think thats valid for the entire Europe).In reality there are, however, many nuances from ice blue to turquoise. Is the representation of different colours of the sea assigned to the geography in FSX, or exists a trick to get shades of different colours?ThanksBodo

Guest Catalano

Thanks Denez,Looks great. That is was I want!Blendmask - I have heard something about it. ;-)But I have honestly no idea about it.Could you give me a piece of advice whether there is a documentation for it (you know for someone who starts with this things)? Regards,Bodo

Guest denez

Sorry, time to sleep ! Will be there tuesday only, if nobody posts since, i'll explain but it's easy, check the resample tool examples. Landwater : black is the sea, white is the land (no grey needed, 0 or 255); Blend mask : black hides the land or the sea texture (i mean your own photo texture, not the fsx default), white gives the sea fully transparent, grey for shade of color (for nice transition), sea speaking. But i'm not very experimented since i have problem with the night variation !But yes, it gives nice result.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/164286.jpg

Hello Bodo,You probably want to change the water classification values for the sea around your project.Water classification, and land classification, are not vector terrain elements, nor are they created with Shp2Vec. Rather, you must use Resample.Please check the Terrain S.D.K. for more information. You can also consult "Simple Instructions for Modifying Land Class", in the Avsim library, for an explanation of concepts and tools to change land and water class. This document was written for FS 9, but the information is still mostly valid - only the number of land class regions has changed since then.You can use Russel Dirk's EZ-Landclass to modify both land and water class. It is available in the Avsim library and requires Excel to work.Best regards.Luis

Guest Catalano

Hi Denez and Luis,I will have a look at those files you both recommended.Thanks for the hint.Regards,Bodo