Sign in to follow this  
DougMatthews

Removing Lakes

I have two very small lakes on airport property which I am enhancing. Nothing I have tried seems to remove these small lakes. I have been able to remove the "wave action" using SBuilder and have made a ground cover for the area, again with SBuilder, but the darned little lakes still show through.No exclude of any type seems to work. I therefore assume they are deeply embedded. Is there a tutorial on the subject or better yet, would someone be interested in making whatever type of bgl that is required to remove them for me?Any ideas or offer of help will be greatly appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have two very small lakes on airport property which I am>enhancing. Nothing I have tried seems to remove these small>lakes. I have been able to remove the "wave action" using>SBuilder and have made a ground cover for the area, again with>SBuilder, but the darned little lakes still show through.>>No exclude of any type seems to work. I therefore assume they>are deeply embedded. Is there a tutorial on the subject or>better yet, would someone be interested in making whatever>type of bgl that is required to remove them for me?>>Any ideas or offer of help will be greatly appreciated.>>You want to use a vector exclusion (EXX file) compiled with Shp2Vec. See the Terrain SDK. The exclusion portion of Shp2Vec example 2 is what you want to do (you will substitute the guid for water polygons - {956A42AD-EC8A-41BE-B7CB-C68B5FF1727E} - as the targeted vector type in the DBF file).The "Excluding autogen with Shp2Vec" thread pinned at the top of this forum contains some relevant help with Shapefiles if you are unfamiliar.-Doug