Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

Buyer Beware - Online Consumer Alert

Guest jase439

As some of you may be considering a hardware upgrade, let me be the first to steer you away from Value Express (www.gameve.com). This "basement" operation deals in sales of OEM and refurbished goods but advertises them as full retail products. No matter what they tell you - they are NOT NEW RETAIL PRODUCTS. I got snookered into the pricewatch.com low-price vortex and didn't dig deep enough into this company's "fine print". Only after I received my D.O.A. Ti4400 in 'custom packaging' did I investigate further.I may have saved 20-30 bucks by choosing this sleaze vendor, but it will cost me at least that much in shipping costs to RMA the dead card back tot leadtek for warranty replacement - not to mention the devaluation that will occur over the next 3-4 weeks while the card is being replaced.Don't get sucked into the vortex. I took a gamble on this purchase by going with a little known vendor w/ surprisingly "great prices". Needless to say: I lost. You get what you pay for ;-)J

Man I feel for you!Let me give you a link to resellerratings, they have ratings on online vendors. I checked the vendor gameve or value express and they don't even show up. I would never order from a company that doesn't have a rating or a rating less than 6. I use pricewatch as well and find that the cheapest vendors in most cases have poor ratings, with the exception of NewEgg. Hope you can get this taken care of okay.http://www.resellerratings.com/Scott...

Good advice. I always check resellerratings before ordering from a vender that I'm not familiar with. I only wish everyone knew about this site. David

Scott,Thanks for the tip on resellerratings.com. That's a great site and I wish I'd know about it last year about this time. I did get the equipment I ordered but it took 21 days instead of the 7 days promised. The name of the company is DIGIREX and I read on resellerratings.com that they're out of business but still taking orders via the internet. Beware!!

Thanks for the tips on reseller ratings. I checked out the website and it is great for finding a quality supplier. I could not believe how bad some of the sellers I have dealt with are rated, although I suspected it. I guess I wasn't alone !Thanx...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

Guest jase439

Great link! Added it to my favorites list. This is one mistake I won't be repeating anytime soon ;-)JPS. Leadtek is good company and has always been quick to take care of any issues that have surfaced. I had a GeForce 256 DDR a couple years ago that had a tendency to overheat. They sent a spankin' brand new card out to me w/ an improved heat/sink fan in about a week.One thing is for certain, I certainly will NOT be going back to the vendor to sort this out!