Sign in to follow this  
michelmvd

Converting old SCASM bgls to xml files

Hello,I don't know it is possible, but is their a way to convert old bgl made in SCASM and Airport for windows into the newly needed XML files. Or decompile these bgls and then use the source for the new XML.?If yes, which tools to I need for that?Secondly what with the objects. Presently made in EOD. Is there anything which can be done to use them further in XML's for FS9 or FSX, or do we have to redesign them in GMAX from scratch ?B. RgdsMichel

Hi Michel,The answer to both questions is no at the moment. As far as I know there are no easy tools to do these kind things.For objects conversion I have plans to make such a tool, but I haven't had the time yet to finish that.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I am mystified by much of this.I have been able to install my FS9 CYVR into FSX successfully (subject to some pending beta testing) with some modifications and corrections. CYVR for FS2002 was created with Airport, and was successfully upgraded into FS9. The main terminal buildings were created with EOD and most of the other buildings were created with NovaSim. SCASM was used to compile to bgl files. Several other buildings, objects, taxiway signs, etc were XML. I used AFCAD to create the visual runways, taxiways, aprons etc. I originally excluded the default buildings, runways, taxiways, aprons with an XML exclude using the ExcBuilder program, and it still seems to be working fine in FSX.The terminal buildings appear to be showing okay. I had problems with the main control tower, created in EOD, where the transparent green control room windows did not show. I re-created the control tower in NovaSim and it looks fine, with the green glass showing correctly. My various parking lot slabs were doing weird things so I re-created them also in NovaSim and once again, they are looking okay. I find NovaSim an excellent program, it easily assembles complex buildings into a single model and is very intuitive.I have managed to replace the airfield, and land areas to the north using SBUILDERX and have excluded the inappropriate autogen areas with Shp2Vec.Textures seem more solid and vivid, and frame rates are quite comparable with the default CYVR frame rates. This was not the case in FS9 where my CYVR suffered poor rates against the default. I have just upgraded from an AMD3500/ATI.X800XL 256mb to an Intel D2 6400/Sapphire.X1950XT 512mb which resulted in a substantial improvement in FSX performance, particularly with my CYVR which spurred me to do an upgrade, which I hope to upload in the coming weeks. So there appears to be hope for some of the our FS9 sceneries.......Thought this might be of interest.NigelVancouver

Hi Nigel,Many thanks for your much appreciated information. I will look into it, as I see that we had about the same way of work in our EBOS FS2002.All objetcs were made with EOD. Will look into Novasim.GreetingsMichel